Which Iconic Batman Storyline Is the Best?

Oooh. I don’t know about this one guys. I’d probably have to go with no mans land. Some of my favorite comic issues are in that one. But what’s your favorite?

Which iconic Batman storyline is the best?

0 voters

8 Likes

Hands Down, My All Time Favorite Batman Story Is Hush. Such a great story, tons of his villains, and Jim Lee’s artwork… I Love This Book.
Great poll by the way.
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

My answer is probably Year One, but from the list I’d go with Long Halloween. Jeph Loeb’s writing is an enigma to me, I love some of his works, others not so much. But Long Halloween is definitely my favorite of his. It’s the only story that’s made me like Carmine Falcone, and it’s the most well paced. The art is gorgeous and it has one of my favorite versions of Two-Face’s origin. I love the story involving the mafia but the villains help keep it engaging. It’s a delicately crafted masterpiece that’s a must-read.

4 Likes

My favorite is DKR, but of these I am going with the one about Bat’s brother.

1 Like

I like only three of those stories, so it wasn’t a hard choice.

2 Likes

I picked the first Batman Hush despite the fact that I do not like how ether the book or the Movie ended () now that i am really into DC comics again…and am a massive batcat shipper.

3 Likes

I say Court of Owps because of numerous reasons.

1. It’s a perfect start to the New 52.
  2. It creates an amazing group of villains to fight Batman.
  3. The amazing artwork.
  4. It shows some history of the Wayne family.
  5. It shows a broken side of Batman.
    The amazing Arkham fight scene at the beginning.
  6. An amazing mystery that still makes me thrilled.
1 Like

Where’s Year One and TDKR? Also what about Death in the Family?

4 Likes

I am very forgetful. I’ll have to do a part two. There’s plenty more stories to consider.

2 Likes

The Black Mirror is my favorite Batman story. Out of this group it’s the Long Halloween.

3 Likes

The tricky thing about a poll like this is that it’s hard to compare stories like the ones you just mentioned–all of which are made up of four issues–with stories that lasted an entire year of publication, such as The Long Halloween, The Court of Owls, Hush, Knightfall, Under the Hood, and (especially) No Man’s Land. The Killing Joke really feels like the odd man out already.

And even then, you could further say that Knightfall and No Man’s Land are different beasts than the others. If you weren’t enjoying Hush, Under the Hood, or The Court of Owls at the time of publication, you could just switch over to Detective Comics and ignore them. (Essentially the same thing is true with The Long Halloween.) But when the story consumes every Batman-related title for months and months, you either like it or you give up on dozens of comics for that year.

2 Likes

Well the thing is, I didn’t really think about publication when I made this poll. It’s merely about which iconic story you like the most. No mans land may be longer than the killing joke, but they are still both very iconic. That’s what this poll is about.

3 Likes

Okay, but the publication of these stories did affect my enjoyment of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I do think it’s an underrated story. Not much people talk about it. Court of Owls storyline, Black Mirror, and Batman: Ego are my favorite stories of all time.

1 Like

Under the red hood ofc

2 Likes

I don’t care for Hush, Court of Owls or Under the Red Hood very much, and the premise of No Man’s Land is a gaping plot hole all by itself. It wasn’t a hard choice.

2 Likes

Knightfall, for that is what got me hooked on DC Comics.

2 Likes

Personally, Black Mirror is my favorite. Love it’s atmosphere and dark narrative. Of the list, I would say Court of Owls because I love the Snyder/Capullo creative team

2 Likes

Clearly I need to read this story. I’ve had at least three people say it’s their favorite, so I’m missing out!

2 Likes

Black Mirror for me…

1 Like