Which DC Television Show Is Your Favorite? Gotham or Smallville?

Gotham by the slightest margin possible but Smallville had more of my favorite characters, the JSA. Gotham has better scenery & equally awesome characters in its corner. Tough call, maybe a tie?

2 Likes

Smallville

3 Likes

I like Gotham, but Smallville was the best. I wanted Erica Durance so bad. Lol! Great Lois.

4 Likes

It was like 10 seasons? It was my show of the week. Watched it with friends. Like GoT.

3 Likes

I LOVE GOTHAM I CANT WAIT FOR SEASON 5 I LOVE BABS AND TABS AND FISH AND SELINA AND BRUCE the list keeps going

4 Likes

Damn that’s a real Sophie’s choice. The Batman/Gotham world is my favorite dark gritty mobbed up all the best stuff. Love seeing the back story on all the villians. Smallville though damn I’ve watched the entire series multiple times. My favorite portrayal of Lex Luthor EVER who is my favorite villians of all time. Plus the the Duke boys of Hazzard county. Lionel Luthor (Glover you are bad assssss!). Ok I’m going Smallville I have to say though Lana was the worst!

2 Likes

Also should say, I was showing my wife a trailer for Aquaman, she goes that’s not Aquaman! Where’s the beefcake from Smallville ( Alan Richtson our new Hawk!). So sorry Khal Drago guess your not beef cakey enough for the ol lady. Which judging by this huge gut I’m currently wresting my phone on does not bode well for me

3 Likes

Smallville

3 Likes

Trying to compare Gotham and Smallville is like trying to compare apples and apricots; the only thing they have in common is that they’re series based on comic books.

Having said that, though, Gotham is the better series by far.

2 Likes

Titans

3 Likes

Gotham is the best superhero show ever.

3 Likes

Smallville took too long on it’s build up. Gotham’s stength has been it’s casting and pacing. So far I’ve watched both and I enjopy Gotham more

3 Likes

#GOTHAM is the best because not only is it a pre Batman show, but also shows what Gordon had to go through to become the commissioner we know and love from the comics. It shows us some great Gotham style Police action for those police/ crime drama lovers out there like myself!:bat:

4 Likes

Gotham is a better series, it pulled me in far better than Smallville did.

2 Likes

Gotham >>>>> Smallville

2 Likes

Gotham!!

2 Likes

Neither, for Gotham I can’t get into it. I know it might actually be a good show but for me I can’t look past some of the concessions they had to make in order to tell a story without Batman in it. I hate to be that petty about it but it really comes down to that. I don’t buy half the villains that show up would even be there without Batman. I could understand a show that is focused on Gordon that feels similar to Year One but focuses on before Bruces return, one where Gordon deals with a corrupt Justice system and a corrupt City. That appeals to me, but seeing Cat Woman, Joker, and all these peeps before they met Batman, does not interest me. Comes off forced and lazy.

As for Smallville I haven’t watched it yet, I actually want to though I like The Flash and Arrow so it’s kind safe to assume that I’ll like Smallville. The backstory of Clark interests me so it’s definitely a show I wanna watch someday. Currently working through the rest of Flash but once I’m done I’m probably gonna try out Smallville. I think this show understood the subject matter of Superman better than Gotham does and that’s just an opinion, an opinion from someone who hasn’t watched Smallville mind you, but I just feel like it’s more faithful to what I would want to see and would give me a bit less “head-scratching” moments.

3 Likes

Since I can’t edit I want to clarify something I said. “I think this show understood the subject matter of Superman better than Gotham understands the story of Batman and the world of Gotaham” This is what I meant. In the original comment I posted, it might’ve came off like I was saying something about Superman being relevant to Gothams story, which it’s not.

1 Like

I have immensely enjoyed Gotham, and I think Smallville went on longer than it should have… but I think Smallville’s first several seasons were better than Gotham.

2 Likes

Smallville easily!

2 Likes