Which DC Television Show Is Your Favorite? Gotham or Smallville?

I love Gotham personally. It didn’t reach the number of seasons as Smallville did but I still found the tv show to be amazing. Letting the audience see a Gotham City before Batman arrives gives us a clear understanding of what detective James Gordon had to go through on his road to Commissioner of the GCPD. Along side his partner, Harvey Bullock, as they fight crime that roam the streets of Gotham City. It hurts to know that they are on there final season but the good news is that Bruce Wayne is finally becoming the Dark Knight. Tell me which tv show you prefer.

7 Likes

Gotham - all day every day! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Smallville.

5 Likes

I’ve only gotten though half of smallville but it’s better than Gotham, not saying Gotham is that bad at all cause I watch it whenever it’s on but smallville was just better. I will say I think Gotham put a fun spin on their characters but Bruce was a little meh to me over the years.

5 Likes

Smallville. All day, every day.

6 Likes

That’s actually a hard choice as I love both while having issues with both. Overall, I think I have to go with Gotham

4 Likes

Gotta go with Smallville. I miss John Glover as Lionel Luthor. Ashamed he dropped out of film & tv to be on broadway fulltime. He is so entertaining.

4 Likes

What a tough one! I am very inclined to go with Smallville, but Gotham is so good! I don’t know if I can choose.

5 Likes

dangles a Smallville flavored cat treat above Kitty

Not trying to influence you or anything…

7 Likes

That’s too close for me to call. Probably Smallville for its characters & Gotham for the scenery. Gotham’s characters are unreal too it’s just Smallville had like 8yrs to stuff in everyone from Mera to the Wonder Twins to Silver Banshee.

7 Likes

smallville

5 Likes

Smallville

5 Likes

From what little I have seen of both, I would have to go with Smallville.

5 Likes

Smallville. There were some arcs around season 4-ish that I didn’t care for, but later seasons of Smallville were excellent both in terms of casted characters and storylines. I truly believe Smallville set the stage for the success of current superhero shows like Arrow and The Flash.

4 Likes

Gotham is in my top 3 favorite shows of all time, so I’d have to go with that. I would marry that show.

5 Likes

Smallville, No question about it!

7 Likes

Smallville is so much better than Gotham in my opinion. Ironically. Smallville was originally intended to be a Bruce Wayne show but WB wouldn’t let the producers make it and instead forced them to focus on a pre-Superman Clark Kent. It worked out very well for them but I’d still like to see a Bruce Wayne version of Smallville and no Gotham is definitely not that show.

7 Likes

I have to go with Smallville. For 10 years it’s a great series on how Clark Kent becomes Superman. :slightly_smiling_face::grin::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I loved smallville , but it would have been cool if they could have used both batman an green arrow in the show. Give them the complex of who is cooler an a bit of a rivalry. An have them work together. If they bring Smallville back it should be on the DC streaming service an have it play off Titans. That way superman can be a bit older have fought with all the JLA an then they can have Batman an superman do a Public Enemy moment an have the Titans get 2 the bottom of what’s going on. Just an idea, I’m full of them an if ya need more get @ me.

1 Like

Smallville, definitely.

4 Likes