Which DC Characters do you like more in other forms of media?

Which DC heroes, villains, and supporting characters do you think you like more in other forms of media (movies, tv shows, etc.) than in the actual comics? You may not hate the original version (in fact you may still love the original), but you find you prefer a few from other stuff more. I personally have a few:

Halo and Geo-Force from ‘Young Justice’
Owlman from ‘Crisis on Two Earths’
Barry Allen and Heat Wave from CW’s ‘The Flash’
The Question from ‘Justice League Unlimited’
Joker and Harley Quinn from ‘Batman: The Animated Series’
Two-Face from ‘The Dark Knight’
Jason Todd and Black Mask from ‘Under the Red Hood’

Any more that you can think of?

Brainiac from ‘Superman: The Animated Series.’

2 Likes

Prometheus from Arrow

Merlyn from Arrow (even though I wish the Arrowverse version was Scottish like the comic version)

In terms of personality, I prefer the Young Justice version of Artemis Crock to her comic counterpart, but that’s mostly because she was just too underused in the comics.

Michelle Pfieffer’s Catwoman may be as far from the comics as you can get but I still find her far more likable than that manipulative femme fatale from the comics who brings Bruce nothing but trouble and doesn’t even truly care about him as a person, she’s more interested in being chased by Batman than settling down with Bruce Wayne. Catwoman from Batman Returns was driven by revenge but she wasn’t manipulative and was pretty honest about her intentions and her feelings for Bruce.

Raven from the animated Teen Titans show (just a little, anyway)

Sportsmaster from Young Justice

Lex Luthor from Smallville

Tess Mercer/Lena Luthor from Smallville

Scarecrow from Batman: Arkham Knight (and I already loved Scarecrow in the comics)

Harley Quinn from Batman: The Animated Series

3 Likes

The Supergirl television series is the only time I’ve actually liked Kara Zor-El, and the Doom Patrol version of Cyborg is by far my favourite take on the character.

3 Likes

Mr. Freeze in pretty much anything other than the comics. Frank Gorshin’s Riddler. Burgess Meredith and Danny DeVito as the Penguin.

2 Likes

I posted a pretty similar thread to this one. Lots of people​ gave some great answers if you want to check it out. https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/betaparticipants/has-there-been-a-character

Victor Zsasz in gotham, lex luthor in superman doomsday, lex luthor in supergirl, zod in man of steel, alfred in the batman show, space cabbie in justice league action, also firestorm in justice league action. I got a lot lol

1 Like

General zod in man of steel