Which DC Characters Do You Hate the Most and Why?

Well the Supergirl that died is Infinite Crisis is a totally different character than Kara. Her name’s like Matrix or something so I think that’s one character that actually stayed dead since she’s not around anymore.
But when it comes to Kara, I just don’t think it makes sense for her to be lost in space never aging until arriving on earth with a now grown up baby cousin. Especially when Superman was first the only surviving Kryptonian and then becoming the last son of Krypton and Supergirl the last daughter, but then there’s the bottle city of Kandor so they’re not the last of anything. To me it makes far more sense for Kara and her family to be bottled with Kandor and then in like an Unbound type story she hops on his back on his way to getting beamed up and out the bottle, they take out brainiac together, but the Kandor is destroyed in the process leaving them being finally and actually the last Kryptonians.

My sentiments on Joker and and Damian as well.

Yeah I mean it was totally different but the way I view dc shows now is that it’s a multiverse like people shouldn’t make it like Ben Afflecks Bruce Wayne/Batman should be like Michael Keatons Bruce Wayne/Batman or Christian Bales Bruce Wayne/Batman there all part of different universes and do different things that’s how I feel about all the hero’s and villains of different universes so I feel like yeah I hated a lot villains of different but how I view it now is we shouldn’t Judge different universes now

1. I don’t hate Hawkman, I just kind of get bored whenever he shows up for some reason. I can’t even explain why, it just happens .
3 Likes

I wouldnt have a problem with Joker if he was there…a LOT less. Batman has so many rogues! I want to read about them! I feel like everything I read, joker is somehow involved. Give it a rest already! Comics, shows, movies, video games…

in injustice and the arkham series, he dies! you’d think we’d be rid of him but noooooo, he’s still a big part of both of these smh

tldr joker would be fine i guess, if you cut down his appearances by 80%

My fortune teller says this release comes tomorrow

DC: In honor of everyone’s favorite character we are doing Joker decade. All of our releases for ten years will solely be about Joker.

1 Like

Wheres my condiment king decade huh? My killer moth decade. Give me a Polka Dot Man decade!!!

2 Likes

DC: Why are you spelling “Joker” that way?

Without a doubt, it’s gotta be Hush! Not only for the character but the direction DC took after that story.

I was initially very interested in the Hush story. Jeph Lien did The Long Halloween and Dark Victory; two books I really liked. Unfortunately Jim Lee was the artist (I’ve never been a big fan of his style) but I was going with it. The first few issues built up a nice mystery and this aura around the character of Hush. Who was he? Why did he have such a grudge against Batman. They set up a red herring in Tommy Elliot and for a while it looked like it was leaning into Harvey Dent being Hush. That would have been an odd choice but if anyone could’ve pulled it off, it was Loeb. As the issues went on a few things became apparent: First, this is shouldn’t have been a twelve issue arc. There was too much padding. Second, the mystery took a back seat to the villain of the issue and that’s when I realized this was just as much about Jim Lee’s showcase of Batman villains than it was the mystery. Third, it seemed to be getting a lot of hype while very little was going on.

Cut to the reveal of Jason under the bandages. Pretty cool, right? It’s unexpected but would explain why Hush has a grudge against Bruce and knows his methods so well…AAAAANDD then we find out it’s a ruse and Hush is really Tommy, the red herring of the story. But even worse, there’s no definite confirmation. Yes, we see Hush wearing Tommy’s necklace at the end before he disappears but it felt like they left it ambiguous so they could explore that in a potential sequel. Then the denouement is Batman talking to the Riddler who was not only sick off panel, but had a dip in the Lazarus pit off panel and figured out who Batman really was, nudging Tommy to become Hush…off panel.

Even worse, this and Identity Crisis kicked off an era in DC where the name attached to the comic was more important than the story. We got this hyped stories that somehow became instant classics because they had someone like Jim Lee or Brad Meltzer attached. Somehow that gave these stories with some pretty big flaws a pass and they were elevated to some of the most important stories in DC history.

You can point to Hush (both the character and the story) as where DC hit its dark and gritty period of the early 2000’s

1 Like

The Imposter Mad Hatter. I know my last like 20 posts have been related to the Mad Hatter but what can I say? However I only like The Wonderland Hatter, the hat-themed one annoys me. Though I’d probably like him if he had is own name and alias.

I despise Damian Wayne especially in injustice
Batman: asks a question
Damian: oH yOu LoVe KeEpInG sEcReTs BuT yOu CaNt TaKe It WhEn OnE iS kEpT fRoM yOu. I friggin hate him

c65e248131216e3316b791ea341d2f2f10754115293302a97114071ac76fe950

1 Like

Well them maybe Batman should get himself some better writers and editorial who will give him a personality and not make him an abusive and toxic “father”. Like where’s the character development?

I mostly ignore him. I have super villains to focus on.

I agree with this comment

1 Like

Edit: A post below reminded me of a character I gladly forgot. My answer is Tarantula.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned it before several times. My absolute least favorite DC character is Plastic Man. He completely creeps me out, and has since I was a little kid, and he had his own cartoon. There’s nothing that will make me nope out of reading a story like finding out that he’s in it.

1 Like

I cannot help the joke.

DC exec: Let’s put Plastic Man in the JSA.

Other exec: Good idea. Let’s also make him the leader and unquestioned protagonist of it too.

deathstroke(especially judas contract) Tarantula(catlina flores) Joker, I feel like these are self explanatory
also the batman who laugh- not only is anything he says impossible to read especially online, he is also the epitome of overrated. ‘oh look people like batman, people like Joker lets make them one character and make lots of money’

1 Like