Which DC Characters Are The Top Martial Artists?

I miss Connor Hawke so much.

But yeah, Shiva’s the winner here. Cass can take Shiva 50% of the time, but Shiva can take down a wider range of opponents than Cass, who has trouble with enemies who don’t use typical human body language.

7 Likes

While not Lady Shiva…

Gonna support my boy Azrael. He’s no slouch. Especially with swords and the such.

4 Likes

I definitely think that Wonder Woman is the best fighter/warrior but Martial Arts specifically is probably Lady Shiva or maybe even Black Canary

2 Likes

Shiva’s definitely got the Top spot in my book.
She was actually poised to kill Connor Hawke at one point, but Tim Drake called her off calling in a life debt she owed him for his saving her life. Shiva backed off with honor and Batman basically told Connor that as he was now second only to Shiva, he had a Martial Arts bullseye on his back.

3 Likes

All of them. somehow everyone is skilled.

2 Likes

Richard Dragon
Lady Shiva
Bronze Tiger

2 Likes

May I suggest Cheshire?

While not the best, it’s noteworthy that the female non-Charlton Judomaster can’t be hit by conventional means, and that’s gotta count for something!

Back in the late 90’s I remember a crossover event that featured the martial artists of the DCU ranked by a Monkey cult. I remember it ran across a few of the Bat books, and the Connor Hawke Green Arrow.

(edited to fix an autocorrect error: Bar=Bat)

1 Like

Does Batman One Million count? Because I’m pretty sure he could take out all of the above, but idk.

1 Like

Not related, but I just had to stop and give props to a fellow Jack Knight fan!!

1 Like

Just my opinion here, but I’d have to say Cassandra Cain! I’ve fought and trained in the arts and those who can read body language at a glance and notice the slightest detail that ‘telegraphs‘ what an opponent is going to do have a huge advantage.

To take someone from the earliest stages of childhood and effectively train them until that becomes a definitive instinct would truly create an almost invincible Martial Artist!
Just my 2cents!

2 Likes

In no particular order:
Katana
Lady Shiva
Cassandra Cain
Talia
Batman

I think a lot of people think Katana can’t find without her sword, but she has a ton.

1 Like

Y’all must be forgetting about black spider, Canary, Drakon, David Cain, even Ra’s. Ra’s taught half the people on everyone’s list lol

4 Likes

This is the best martial artist thread,not dumbest clothing thread!

2 Likes

I’ve always been under the impression Lady Shiva is the best bar none

1 Like

Hey friend! Thanks for making this thread! I’ve thought about this a lot and feel pretty good about my list :slight_smile:

1. Karate Kid
  2. Lady Shiva
  3. Richard Dragon
  4. Bronze Tiger
  5. Cassandra Cain
  6. Batman
  7. Deathstroke
  8. Nightwing
  9. Black Canary
  10. And I’ll give 10 to the rest of the Bat family

Honorable mention for the mentors of the top 10 who are past their prime:

1. O-Sensei
  2. Ras Al Ghul
  3. WIldcat

Lastly I want to shoutout some of the proteges of the top ten (not including Batfamily):

1. Question
  2. Huntress
  3. Gypsy
  4. Rose Wilson
  5. Renee Montoya

Connor Hawke should probably be on the list as well but considering he hasn’t been in comics for almost 10 years now idk if DC is going to bring him back…

3 Likes

Ouch! He’s had so many. Admittedly, many were bad. It’s hard to think of any character that has been around for 30 years that hasn’t had some bad costumes. Especially in the 90’s and (some) of the early 00’s.

I love his original design. His more recent costumes have been great. Especially Dark Multiverse. Subjective I suppose?

Either way, he’s one of the most lethal hand-to-hand martial artists in DC (defeated Bane on more than one occasion). At least when he isn’t distracted with his mental illness.

3 Likes

Azrael’s actually a solid pick. We don’t have a lot of fights against other candidates to measure him with, but I’d buy his being at least in the running. Given how he was created, he may qualify as a metahuman, though.

3 Likes

I think Cassandra edges out Shiva because Cassandra is non lethal. I would think it takes more (in fictional fighting at least) to incapacitate a foe when they keep getting back up. Shiva is probably categorized as deadliest.
Man, I wish they would fix Cassandra.

3 Likes