Which DC Character Do You Think Has the Most Interesting Backstory? šŸ‘€

It really is! I kinda want to go read it again!

2 Likes

You totally should!!!

One of these days Iā€™m going to go through my books and make an album of all the gull page touching moments Jason Todd has with his team-mates/cronies. I swear there has to be one in at least three out of every five issuesā€¦if not 4 out of every five.

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/47140623_2032123206844752_3121396743980187648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=623c6d29b0b61db0d34110f0d2ae8a24&oe=5CC94328

3 Likes

Red hood

1 Like

@hashtag-goodtobejo
Lol! I will be on the lookout for them all, when I do re-read. ^ ^

2 Likes

And now that you have me thinking about itā€¦

It adds so much to his story to see the rowdy Bromance between him and Roy Harper. Theyā€™re such good friends and have such awesome adventures it warranted Red Hood: Arsenal. And then there is how incredibly kind he is to Bizaro. (See attached image of Tender Moment #2) It all shows you that even though the character is written to make you think he wants you to hate him, you really canā€™t because heā€™s really just an awesome guy who likes to smack around douche-bags.

Super deep story especially seeing that he started as a sidekickā€¦

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50767716_2105760582814347_403986513647370240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=eb3dcb15113443487c5cc5da75743fe6&oe=5CFEFE24

3 Likes

Bryce Wayne and Devastator. Honestly, when I heard they were doing a Batman Who Laughs mini series, I was low key disappointed they werenā€™t doing any of the other Dark Knights as well. All of them fascinate me to no end.

3 Likes

I had to check the title of the thread to make sure it said character instead of hero. Iā€™m going to pick a villian that has the best backstory because most of it has never been written down. That would be Vandal Savage. I donā€™t think you could do his life justice in a comic, maybe an animated series would be best.

3 Likes

The obvious choice would be Bruce Wayne, but Iā€™ll pick Carter Hall/Katar Hol thanks to the contributions of Geoff Johns and Robert Vendetti. You have to put in the time and effort to understand this complex character, but once done the payoff is amazing. As explained currently in his book, Hawkman is now the ā€œroadmapā€ to the DCU. This is how you ā€œadd onā€ to a preexisting character while positioning him or her for the future. Vendetti respects the established canon and embellishes it with thought-provoking and fresh additions. Will, someone at DC please give Bendis a copy of Hawkman.

3 Likes

@Star0fLyra
The Bat is such a complex and interesting character that his stories are never anything less than intriguing. I especially love the Dark Knight!

1 Like

@DarkeJeff
Oh, yes! I for sure left that window open.
Vandal Savage is surely on my list of top 5 most interesting characters!
Everytime he shows up on the scene, itā€™s almost as if he brings his entire history with him!
Heā€™s a lurker. Lurking in the background of every DC characterā€™s history, which automatically makes his history SUPER colorful and terribly interesting!

Juicy pick! :3

1 Like

@baseballmaniac01.45870
Ohhā€¦ Hawkmanā€™s incredible journey through time.
An ā€œinterestingā€ backstory is really saying the least.

I love thinking of him as the ā€œroadmapā€ to DCU. Quite appropriate!

1 Like

Bane backstory is really good

3 Likes

I like Booster Goldā€™s backstory, found it very unique and interesting.

4 Likes

Booster Gold is awesome!

3 Likes

Princess Amethyst for sure. Being a young girl and then finding out that you are princess of an entire other world is definitely interesting. In the original run she was much older in gemworld. Also to have an entire society based around different houses of gems is intriguing.

1 Like