Which Couple Do You Like More? Superman x Lois Lane or Superman x Wonder Woman

I always liked Supes with WW.

I enjoy Clark + Lois pre-relationship the best.

The dynamic is more fun when they are competetive and dancing around eachother.

Clark & Lois

2 Likes

Superman and WW

No debate

2 Likes

I feel like itā€™s important to note the environment in which Loisā€™s character was first developed. There were exceptions, of course, like Nellie Bly; but, at the time, women in journalism were usually relegated to the ā€œAgony Auntā€ columns (the ā€œDear Abbey,ā€ advice for the lovelorn columns). To be acknowledged as a real journalist, it wouldnā€™t be enough to just be good; sheā€™d have to be stellar in order to stand out. This was why she was depicted as reckless, sheā€™d have to take risks and really bring in scoops in order be taken seriously.

1 Like

Superman and Lois for me

2 Likes

Always Superman and Lois. I distinctly dislike Superman/Wonder Woman. Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m a big fan of hers that I think sheā€™s too good for him (sheā€™s tough, smart, amazing and donā€™t need no man), but their relationship is boring to me and lazy. Oh, just put the two godlike beings together, that will challenge them and create an interesting storyline- not.

Clark loves humanity and to be a part of it. Lois exemplifies the strengths and weaknesses of humanity and keeps Clark tethered to who he wants to be. He can be Clark with Lois, while with Diana heā€™s Superman. Some stories can make that work, but when with Wonder Woman, you get the Superman who becomes a dictator who sees himself as a god above others. They bring out a very different side in each other which makes them their worst (morally).

Iā€™m super biased about this ship and dick/kori vs dick/babs (robstarā€‹:heart:), and I know it.

2 Likes

Wonder Woman and Superman always!

wwsmheart

1 Like

that is sort of hard to choose which one is the best love interest for superman.

3 Likes

I never disliked the idea of Clark with Diana, although during the New 52, it never felt like the writers were in agreement or that the editors cared enough to enforce one or another dichotomy in any one particular direction.

Some problems arise with a reboot, itā€™s no difference than what that other comic book company faced when they dissolved Peter and Mary Janeā€™s marriage, except there, a child has been involved and it became a silly and contentious plot development.

With DC, they simply did nilly willing rebooting of some things and not others. Which was part of the problem with the Nu52, but thatā€™s a larger conversation.

2 Likes

At the end of the day, it really should be Superman and Lois Lane. I think the idea of a Superman & Wonder Woman pairing is worth exploring. But if youā€™ve come cross statements Iā€™ve made about the New 52 in the past, then you know that I donā€™t think that era had the writing skills to do it justice

2 Likes