Which Character Would You Want to Have a Stand-Alone Show?

Guy Gardner. I don’t even like him that much but I think he could be obnoxious in a funny way (not straight up comedy) and I think there is a lot of growth over the years that could be incorporated. I would see a mix of earth and space and obviously his bar.
I know a series is in the works at HBO for the Corps but this wouldn’t be that.

4 Likes

How about Mr. Miracle. That would be kind of cool. You could incorporate a lot of cool tech and sci-fi elements.

2 Likes

Question would be AWESOME. Think Red Hood deserves some spotlight! Maybe something with lesser “knowns” where they Rotate them out here/there like weekly/season or anthology style!?.. would LOVE an Elseworld style show!

3 Likes

Since they’ve been doing so well with Doom Patrol, why not milk the other Grant Morrison Cow and do a series about

Animal Man!

2 Likes

I love the idea of Big Barda and/or Mr Miracle. Big Barda could have the Furies and show her life there then her escaping with Mr Miracle. The New Gods have so much potential that I’d love to see more of!

3 Likes

Hitman

3 Likes

Promethea

2 Likes

I’d have to say my favorite, The elongated man!! as a back up, Black canary would be great!

1 Like

Deadshot!! Fs

2 Likes

I’ve always thought a Kate Spencer Manhunter show would be great. Or the Spectre, based on the Ostrander/Mandrake run from the 90s.

3 Likes

Floyd just running around doing dangerous things that’ll get him killed lol

1 Like

There was a mainstream CBS show called “God Friended Me” which got unfriended recently as the network cancelled it so there is precedence for an HBO MAX series entitled “God Exacted Vengeance From Me” featuring The Spectre in all his supernatural horror laying the smackdown in the 70’s grindhouse glory.

2 Likes

I agree with all of these. Would love to watch these shows

2 Likes

Jessica Cruz! She shines a whole lot more on her own than in a team book or just her and one or two people.

5 Likes

The Question would be great! I also think the Spectre would have a very unique take on the cop/csi detective shows with mystical aspects.

I have to agree with those who say The Spectre. He seems to hit all of the en vogue flavors, if you will. I would not be disappointed with The Question either.

Jason Todd

1 Like

If The Spectre is a tough sell to a network or streamer, another option would be to do Gotham By Midnight as a series. It’s about a GCPD unit that investigates weird crimes, with Jim Corrigan as its leader and the Spectre making occasional (i.e, budget saving) appearances.

1 Like

I think Zatanna has a lot of potential to have a series built around her. My daughters have all said that she is at the top of their lists too. Start season 1-2 with her as a fledgling hero seeking her father (just as she did in the comics, but expand it considerably). This sort of storyline could get its start on other, existing shows too, with one episode on each involving Zatanna, using her story to tie the other series together.

Booster Gold definitely has some potential too. His reasons for starting out as a hero are very different than most of the other heroes out there, and can provide a very strong contrast with the other hero shows.

1 Like

For some reason The Crimson Avenger came to mind. I’m not really a big fan, but that’s who came to mind. But now that I think about it, it would be a different kind of show than any they’ve done before, especially if it was about the second one that showed up first in Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E.S (I believe) and then later on in JSA (when she took care of most of Wildcat’s nine lives).