Which Big DC Storylines Would Make Great Movies?

The Authority vol. 1
Planetary
Wetworks
Top 10

Two words: Kingdom. Come.
'Nuff said

1 Like

I think just due to sheer cost and epicness, Blackest Day would be awesome as a 3 or 4 animated film series. Give them about 5-6 hours to tell the story arc.

For all the love/hate relationship folks have with the CWVERSE. I have to give them credit. Those 5 episodes were very well done. Bringing in Marv Wolfman certainly helped. It wasn’t a retelling of the comics series, but a telling of it through the lens of the small screen.

The only real complaint I have was it’s loss of Lynda Carter’s Wonder Woman. Contract issues, shooting schedule conflicts, wanting to keep that young, iconic look of WW or whatever reason was a serious disappointment. But, it played great respect, as well as it could to TV that had come before it and the tv DC multiverse. Even if one has stepped away from the CWVERSE shows, those 5 episodes are worth a watch, especially as you don’t need to be involved with current continuity to watch them.

Yes, @CaptThunder001, most definitely Kingdom Come!

1 Like

The Batman who laughs would be epic.

I want to see a White Knight movie.

I just finished reading the entire run of blackest night (i think thats what your talking about) and just do to its shear epic scope to do justice to the story i think its better suted for a 3 season 20-30 episode animated series, season 1 get an emotional connection to the new adaptation of the characters, season 2…kill off most of them in a war of the light and final crisis adaptation as Blackest night needs some of the big JL members dead aquaman, batman, and Martian manhunter, plus superman, wonder woman, the flash and Hal Jordan brought back to life, and the 7 lantern corps around just to check off the list, then session 3 is blackest night.

2 Likes

this would be epic.

i feel no mans land movie would be good, However a 2 season No mans Land cartoon would be epic.

I am honestly suprised no one has sugested this, we have had the epic two movie adaptation of Dark Knight returns, However we have not had the Epic adaptation of The dark Night strikes Again adapted into a movie yet. an adaptation of Knightfall were at the end the bat and cat get married (and will stay together)

However what i would really like to see is a original story movie were its Justice league: the next generation Justice league, however in it i want a very particular seen I do not care if its at the beginning or the end but it must be this:

seen: an old man laying in a large bed, a simple gold wedding band clearly seen on his left hand his left index finger connected to a heart monitor its beeping getting weaker by the miniute, surrounding him are members of the first generation of the Justice league, there kids and there grand kids, the bat family there kids and grand kids. on the far wall a old picture of a tall man with black hair and sullen blue eyes, wering in a black tuxedo, missing the tie, and a small smile on his face. he has his arm wrapped around a tall dark haired woman with mischievous green eyes wearing a long black black dress.
a young boy of 5 crawls onto the bed blue tears in his eye.

Boy: grandpa please do not die i need you

The old man raises his hand and wipes the tear from the boy’s eyes as he cups his cheek.

The old man sits up and speaks his voice still powerful and strong dispute the fact that he is dying: Terry do not be sad, I have lived a long and very
eventful life, and its time for my story to end, however i will always be with you in here.

The old man points to the boys heart

the old man: and i will be watching over you all with grandma. you will live a long and happy life terry becasue death is afraid of your grandpa.
a very pale young woman with black hair wearing a large Ankh pendint hung around her neck by a black cord and for this special occasion a long black dress, ago speaks: he is right terry your grandpa even scares me, and the rest of the endless, I literally lost count of how many times he should have died.

the old man hering his small smile and speaks one last time: i want you all to know that i love you all.
the man lays his head on his pillow as the heart moniter stops beeping

as the seen fads to black we hear the pale young woman voice once again : well Bruce Wayne lets go Selena is waiting for you.

thus batman dies the best death of them all, the way he never thought he would go, peacefully in his own bed surrounded by his family and friends.

Why this seen well because of the long list of heroes that deserve to go out like this with everything the writers of batman over the years has put him threw, he should be at the top of anyone’s list to go out in the best death there is…got to admit being a huge batman fanboy i teared up a little writing this. batman deserves to be happy, he has way more then earned happyness.

I want a Red Hood and the Outlaws movie. Ideally an animated series (which is a lot to ask, especially considering it would have to be aimed at adults), but I’d settle for a full-length film. Essentially, I just really need more Jason Todd in my screen life, because Under the Red Hood did not cut it for me.

1 Like

Just overall geoff John’s Green lantern

Day of Vengence. And/or Final Crisis. You can’t go wrong with the Spectre. Also, with JLD being very popular right now, it would fit in nicely.

1 Like

Prince of Darkness, Master Race, Black Vengeance, and Emperor Joker come to mind.

heros in crisis.