Which Batman Has the BEST Batcave and Wayne Manor?

Agreed, @baseballmaniac01.45870! Thank you for weighing in on the topic. I really try to pretend that the “Batfleck” movies never happened. :batman_hv_3:

2 Likes

Both Animated series, and 60’s version. All the others didn’t have much of a layout of a Batcave, for its always described as massive and packed with tech. The Nolan films despite it being a early setup (referring to the one under Wayne Manor) it was never fully stocked and setup, there were in fact some set sketches of the Batcave having more tech and setup, but it looks as though they either ran out of money or just go lazy and just stuck with the platform and the computer. I do like the one in the Snyder film for in a way they did have the right idea, but not much of it was featured.

2 Likes

Interesting and well thought out response, @thebluedragon03! I’ve also considered Nolan’s vision of the Batcave to be barren and sterile, compared to other iterations. Though it could have been a lack of funding or disregard for the setting within the story, I think it is a perfect match for Bale’s Batman. His portrayal is more detached and to the point, having The Dark Knight perform his action and detective work in an almost surgical way. He seems to not want the excess he can afford and lives within what he thinks he deserves, settling for the bare minimum - computer, gadgets, and suit upgrades in a cement “warehouse”. In Batman Begins, Bruce even spent many nights sleeping on the floor of his luxury bedroom (much to Alfred’s surprise).

4 Likes

Somewhat related to this topic, I found an interesting montage - Secret Entrances to the Batcave: Evolution.

I’ve always been so intrigued by the caves themselves, that I didn’t always pay the closest attention to how Bruce got inside (apart from Batman ‘66 - who could forget that?!). This video was a great trip down memory lane and gave me more to dissect. :grinning:

:pushpin: This is also a new topic under “Everything DC”. I’d love to hear everyone weigh in: Favorite Batcave Entrance!

3 Likes

I’m not defending this movie, but Batman Forever had an excellent Wayne Manor imo.

3 Likes

I’m inviting trouble, but I’m more or less unable to enjoy the Nolan Trilogy. I just don’t like Bale. The movies are fantastic, but Bale…

And the ridiculous voice…
And the black mold cave…
And the weird cowl…

3 Likes

Micheal Keaton
-B

2 Likes

:smile: No worries! Lol. That can all be very distracting, @Kon-El. I understand.

2 Likes

The best Batcave: Adam West. All the gadgets, nooks and crannies, a literal nuclear reactor, and BatPoles!!!
Wayne Manor: Christian Bale. His was, imo, the most complete and by far he most functional.

6 Likes

I agree with Adam West’s Batcave and Bale’s manor. I just loved the bat poles, the turn table for the bat mobile, the nuclear reactor, and the way it all looked together. Bale’s manor just looked awesome and functional.

Runner up for me the animated series manor and cave. :wink:

4 Likes

I completely agree with you @AmberButane2814 and @jackknight_73! I like how you chose Bale’s Batman’s manor and Batman ‘66’s Batcave. I’ve always loved that old school feel of the ‘66 Wayne Manor too though.

@jackknight_73, very true! Batman: The Animated Series really nailed their visuals and it’s a tough contender.

4 Likes

60’s Batcave is the best and the most utilized. I like the LEGO Batman movie Wayne manor the most.

5 Likes

I haven’t seen the LEGO Batman movie because Will Arnett will never be Batman to me

and I don’t like the overplayed/mocking humor (I take my Batman very seriously :batman_hv_3:) BUT this looks incredible @Behemoth! Is the photo similar to the set from the movie?!

3 Likes

No, Bruce has a much bigger Batcave.

2 Likes

@Behemoth, ah yes…

1 Like
  1. Batman returns (Wayne Manor)
  2. Batman V Superman (Batcave)
2 Likes

I’m gonna be honest. The Batcave in JL was way too bright. B-man needs more darkness in his hidey-hole.

3 Likes

I’ve been watching Beware The Batman and LOVE this Batcave Wayne/Manor combo!

• The accents on the Batgadgets, Batmobile, and Batcave are all gold - a new flashy take.
  • The Manor is Frank Lloyd Wright’esque inside and out - very architecturally appealing.
  • The Batcave also has a unique setup (gold runners along the pathway) and the computer is exactly what I would want it to look like - super sophisticated!

A really cool show and definitely deserving of addition to this list!

4 Likes

Great topic. I am with those on the ‘66 batcave and Animated series cave/manor.

I love how ‘66 and BTAS utilized the batcave. It was an important tool for Batman in his detective work.

But now I really want DC Direct to reissue the batcave so I can own my best batcave.

5 Likes

Thank you @dierbot! I love seeing everyone’s choices. The ‘66 Batcave seems to be the crowd favorite for sure (and for good reason)!

2 Likes