Which Actor's Voices Do You Use In Your Head?

Reading Morrison’s Doom Patrol, you can’t but help hearing the entire cast in that book

3 Likes

For as bad as the Supergirl movie was it must have made an impression when I was a kid, because to this day whenever I read a comic book with Supergirl in it I hear Helen Slaters voice. I also hear Lynda Carters when reading Wonder Woman, and whoever did the 60’s Superman cartoon which I watched as a kid in reruns, is who I hear when I read a comic with Superman.

I hear Stacy Haudik’s voice for Lana Lang but not sure where the voice in my head for Lois came from. IS definitely not Margot Kidder or Terry Hatcher though even though they were the Lois Lanes I think of.

Incidentally I also hear Alan Tudyk since Doom Patrol whenever I read Ambush Bug in a comic… he seemed after that like the perfect Ambush Bug.

Also there was an audio tape read along version of “The Untold Legend of Batman” Mini-series I listened to a lot as a kid, and no idea who did the voices, don’t think it was credited anywhere so who knows if anyone does. But I hear those voiced for Robin/Nightwing to this day and the Batman actors voice in Batman comics before the late 90’s (his voice doesn’t really fit modern Batman). For any more modern Batman comics I hear Michael Keaton’s Batman voice for Batman and Kevin Conroy’s Bruce Wayne voice for Any Bruce Wayne I have read, old or new, since the animated series came out.

The Jokers voice from those Audio recordings is also the voice I have always heard for The Joker in any era since listening to those. Seriously, whoever made those audio tapes heavily influenced how I perceive Batman oddly enough.

I also hear the Darkseid Voice from Superfriends for Darkseid.

3 Likes

Whenever my gurrlll is speaking on the comics page…

… there’s only one voice I hear:

5 Likes

There are a few comics here and there that I enjoy reading out loud, so sometimes I actually hear my own voice.

Comics I have done this for:

1. Pogo collections.

2. Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen

3. Ludocrats

3 Likes

Honestly a lot of the voices for me are just the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cast. They’re just such a solid cast that they really left a lasting impression.

5 Likes

Absolutely. I take most of my inspiration from the Arkhamverse, Justice League/JLU and Injustice. And while I do have ideal voices for specific characters, I’ll also adapt the voices if I’m reading a comic that’s connected to a specific adaptation. For example, for the Injustice comics, I’ll read Joker as Richard Epcar instead of Mark Hamill, Lex Luthor as Mark Rolston instead of Clancy Brown, Hawkgirl as Jennifer Hale instead of Maria Canals-Barrera, etc.

2 Likes

Yes but if they haven’t had a voice one I pull in from my catalog and remix it.
Like with Batman is Kevin Conoroy. But the Bat Who’s Laugs is Kevin trying to sound like Mark Hamils Joker.

5 Likes

Exactly! I’ve actually used Conroy’s performance as Hush in the Arkham games as a base for this since it shows what his “evil” voice sounds like, though TBWL’s voice is obviously even more psychotic than that

5 Likes

For Superman, I’ll hear both George Reeves and Christopher Reeve, and for Lois, it’s Noel Neill and Teri Hatcher. Perry White is John Hamilton or Lane Smith. But there’s no vacillation where Jimmy Olsen is concerned: It’s always Jack Larson.

2 Likes

Superman- Super friends voice
Batman- Conroy
Wonder Woman- Eisenberg
J’ohnn- Lumbly
Flash- Rosenbaum
Robin- Lester
Alan Scott- Alan Grant
Stargirl- Mix of Smallville and JLU voice
Wildcat- my PawPaw.
Hawkgirl- Canals
Jay Garrick- Streak from “Legends”
Power Girl- Erica Durance (especially when she kisses Clark in Virtue and Vice)
Spectre- Phantasm’s voice.
STRIPE- Luke Wilson

4 Likes

Forever.

4 Likes

I enjoy thinking of Adam West’s voice as Batman for the very serious stories (e.g. Long Halloween). I think of Vandal Savage as Javier Bardim, and Tom Cruise as Hal Jordan.

2 Likes

I presume you saw the clip of him reading “The Dark Knight Returns”

2 Likes

Only for a handful.

• Tara Strong for Harley Quinn
  • Kevin Conroy for Batman
  • Mark Hamill for Joker
  • Gal Gadot for Wonder Woman

Superman is usually just a warm caring voice until he gets angry, then its just my angery voice​:rofl:

4 Likes

When I read certain story’s on here when I read what Oliver Queen/Green Arrow says I think Stephen Amell or when I read what Bruce Wayne/Batman I think Christian Bale but i when it comes to Clark Kent/Superman I hear Tom Welling but when it comes to Barry Allen I hear Grant Gustin I just mainly either think of there live action or animated voice actors for some reason like when it comes to Roy Harper/Speedy I think Crispin Freeman sometimes when it comes to a younger Clark Kent I think Yuri Lowenthal because he voiced Clark in the past idk i just do that is all

2 Likes

No, I Do Not!

2 Likes

I always hear Kevin Conroy as Batman. Always.

5 Likes

The mobbers in Long Halloween sound like the ones on the Simpsons.

3 Likes

Most of the Justice League cast I hear the voices of the Justice league from the animated show from the 90’s. For Batman’s Rogue’s Gallery, I hear the voices from the Arkham games. Also I hear Injustice Green Arrow, and Injustice Cyborg. Those are the main voices I hear.

2 Likes

tara strong is always harley’s voice for me

4 Likes