Which 1, or 2, are they?

Batman/Shadow
I loved the old radio recordings so this was a treat for a modern take.

Unfortunately the follow up of Shadow/Batman is Dynamite’s.

Creature of the Night is great but you’ll need to wait until November for issue 4 to get on here. Delayed almost a year.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread for other people’s favorites since this already puts me way over the suggested limit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since u asked after I promised to not jump in unless asked directly. Gotham Noir is the only one I’ve read. Rest I will be reading. Thank u :blush:.

1 Like

All good. I’m getting gold lol.

Just wanted to say great idea for a post! Bookmarked!

2 Likes

Thank u :blush: I m so excited to get all these recommendations!!!

2 Likes

I hadn’t until a couple of days ago. Been diving into Sinestro and I saw an interview with Johns and he mentioned a Sinestro moment, and I had to dig to find it, and it’s in that issue, and I didn’t know til I got to the end, that it was Johns last issue on the GL books.

1 Like

Absolutely. The best, non crisis maxi series ever done.

1 Like

I’m going to continue my futile battle to get people to read and like the 1986 Captain Atom series.

My experience has also been that the few people who actually commit to reading Azrael (1995) wind up liking it, so I’ll throw that out there as a second choice.

2 Likes

I’ve got to recommend the 9 issue Bronze Age Joker series. Yep, the Joker had his own book back when comics were $0.20.

The Joker vs The Creeper and The Joker vs GA & Black Canary are especially noteworthy.

I love it, especially as it is pre-Killing Joke Joker. When he was still the Clown Prince of Crime. They really shine a light in the truly most terrifying aspect of the Joker, sadly most lost since Killing Joke. His sheer randomness. It is a microcosm of what Denny O’Neill said “ The really scary thing about the Joker is if you bumped into him on the street, he might kill you or give you $1000. He’ll probably kill you, but you never know. That is terrifying.”

1 Like

My heart goes out to I, Vampire. When I first saw Andrew Bennett’s latest design, I was expecting some Twilight-esque schlock. Instead, I discovered a surprisingly decent vampire story.

-M

1 Like

I would also recommend Constantine: The Hellblazer. It’s a short-lived comic buried under all the other Constantine comics, but stands its ground with gorgeous artwork from Riley Rossmo.

-M

2 Likes

I’ve got that mapped out & listed. Was waiting to hear an opinion on it. I’ll definitely be reading it now.

1 Like

@capo-mage Nightwing World Order was a lot better than I ever anticipated very good book; I highly recommended it!

1 Like

I honestly have just started giving it a try it’s a very 90s book but it is definitely different and worth the read.

2 Likes

Nice!!! Glad u liked it. I haven’t read Warrior so I’ll be getting to it. I’ve only read the issues involved in crossovers from it b4.

1 Like

I have read Nightwing New World Order before the post I probably should have said it before.

1 Like

I think Superman: Confidential is not mentioned often or ever but it is Darwyn Cooke on a Superman book. The art is fantastic and the covers are some of my favorite. I remember this coming out and I was extremely excited about this book. Thinking back to that era, I think I was the only person excited about the book at my comic shop. I haven’t read these since the original release and I don’t remember much outside of really enjoying the artwork. After Cooke left the book Jimmy Palmiotti worked on 2 issues.

2 Likes

Just finished Hellblazer. I’d read the first 2 issues b4 then forgot when I switched notebooks. Then didn’t really hear anything. Thank u @UnLagunas for bringing it to my attention. It was awesome!!! I’ll be getting to all of the suggestions on here I haven’t already read. Thanks everybody. If anyone else posts. I’ll get to those too.

1 Like

Young Justice: Sins of Youth

1 Like

@wilkinswontkins. I can’t open links. DC is working on fixing it for me. I’ve never been able to tho. I know most titles, so it’s not a problem. I was gonna read the Elseworlds Finest, but idk which 2 issues u suggested since I can’t open links. I’ve read quite a few from these. That doesn’t sound familiar tho. If u could give me the title names, I’d appreciate it. No rush. I’ll read something until if/when I hear from ya’.