Where's the Westerns?

No Western presence on this app. Would love to read old All Star, Weird Western, really any gold thru bronze age. Plus Jonah Hex, Batlash, Outlaw, Scalphunter, etc not present in Encyclopedia. DC, show the Westerns some love!

8 Likes

I’d really love to see Gray and Palmiotti’s Jonah Hex run up here myself. It’s a must read for any comic fan.

2 Likes

mcgrusy: I’ve been asking for more westerns since this app began. Nice to see someone else appreciates these great comics. DC has a rich, full canon of these great books, the artwork alone during the Silver and Bronze ages was incredible and worth the attention of any true fan of the genre.

1 Like

They had Gray and Palmeretti (pretty sure I butchered that sorry) All star Western up for a bit, it was one of the ones they pulled before they put a bunch of new stuff on. I’m with you though love Western stuff hope they put more on!! Watching Rifleman as we speak Chuck Freakin Connors baby!

2 Likes

I did not take the opportunity before, but I would love to see All Star Westerns return.

3 Likes

Also by the by if there’s titles you would like to see added drop the mods a line in the suggestion box. When it comes time to update the library I know they go through and let the higher ups know what us fans are wanting. Doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll happen but they do try and do forward our opinions.

3 Likes

I love the westerns. I already own most of the DC runs, but wish they would bring back Jonah Hex or even a new western hero/superhero. Or even a western with a supernatural slant.

3 Likes

Yeah! DeZuniga’s art was full of detail and Albano’s fun, quirky dialogue, full of Western swagger (and spelling), is really a winning combo.

Also while we’re on the subject of lost genres, two words. Time. Warp.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions! I’ll definitely be passing these on to the rest of the team.

2 Likes

I also hope for all the westerns to be added. Let’s just make sure we don’t drop anything else. Just keep adding! Thanks, DCU

1 Like

I’d also like to add Sgt Rock and Easy Co. to the list

1 Like

Has a Fan of Johan Hex, Bat Lash, & the Original El Diablo, I am totally for this.

While I have all the Comic issues to New 52, All star Western, I was never able to buy all the Trades to Jimmy Palmiotti run on Johan Hex, before the New 52, nor have i been able to read any other westerns DC had, & would very much like too.

2 Likes

Im all for Jonah Hex

3 Likes