Where To Start Superman?

I am trying to start Superman comics. Anyone know any great comics to start with?

2 Likes

There’s a lot of great Superman comics whether it’s old or new, I’d probably go with the 1987 Superman: Man of Steel by John Byrne, he does amazing job on it.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Go to Comic Books on main menu

Find Browse by Category

Find get to know

Find Superman

There is a

Start Reading Superman article on.the top

There is also a Superman and Son article which describes a great group of stories.

4 Likes

Ok thank you I will try it out​:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yeah, Tomasi and Gleason’s Superman (2016) run is great. If you are interested in Superboy, Super Sons is a great comic series.

5 Likes

I recently started tomasi’s run on it but I am confused on what events occurred beforehand and what I should read to find out

The article on Superman and Son explains that

I read Superman Lois and Clark

Before

Superman Rebirth

You don’t need to know about New 52 Superman. HE died.

DC Universe Rebirth 1 will help

You don’t need to read the Justice League and Last New 52 Superman issue as is suggested in these titles

4 Likes

Ok thank you

1 Like

@ImSlowButILikeTheFlash Here’s some links to my Superman Rebirth Reading Order Guides on DC Universe
Superman Family Phase 1 Guide Version: Easy Medium Hard
Phase 2 Version: Easy Medium

3 Likes

Ok thank you! That is really useful I wish I had found something like this sooner, thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

Here are three good stories by Geoff Johns:

1. Secret Origin
  2. Last Son
  3. Brainiac
1 Like

@ImSlowButILikeTheFlash, the illustrious @Vroom runs a Superman Book Club here on the service as well :slight_smile: It helps a lot to read recommended titles with a group of people to get more insight and context!

4 Likes

Ok thank you for the advice

2 Likes