Where To Start Reading Jessica Cruz?

Hey, I don’t know much about Jessica Cruz but I am hoping someone could help me. I have heard that her stories show the struggles of anxiety and I was recently telling my mom about her. My mom watches the DC shows but has never read any comic books. After I told her about Jessica Cruz she showed interest in maybe reading about someone she can relate to. Could someone tell me a good place to start reading about Jessica so I can show them to my mom? Thanks!

8 Likes

The series Green Lanterns is a great place. I just recently read it and I loved it. That isn’t her first appearance but they do a good recap of her backstory as it goes on. The series does a great job of showing her struggles with anxiety as well. It focuses on her and Simon Baz as they learn to be Green Lanterns.

Her first appearance was in Darkseid War, I think. But I never actually read that. So I’ll let someone else say if that is a good place to start from.

5 Likes

I say Amazo Virus. It is when she becomes the supervillain Power Ring.

4 Likes

Darkseid War is a follow up to her first appearance in Amazo Virus.

5 Likes

Thanks for the help! I will look into qll those stories.

3 Likes

The Amazo Virus and Darkseid War arcs are technically her first appearances, but they’re a little heavy on DC lore and could be overwhelming as entry points. I would recommend starting with Green Lanterns.

4 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Jessica showed up an arc earlier than The Amazo Virus. I don’t recall which issue specifically, but the arc started in #31, when Lex Luthor, Captain Cold and Shazam joined the group.

While not formally introduced, she is mentioned in a flash foward scene in Geoff Johns’ last issue of Green Lantern, in a scene that was later adapted during Tim Seeley’s run on Green Lanterns.

4 Likes

I would pick Green Lantern Rebirth #1, think that was her first appearance as Green Lantern, that was a good story to read.:grinning:

3 Likes

No, that was later, but its a famous starting point.

2 Likes