Where’s Hal Jordan?

Maybe it’s just me but I feel like D.C is phasing him out with John Stewart and Jo. The current writer has already said he hates him and Bendis really isn’t interested in having a lantern on the team. And with current merchandise and upcoming projects like S.S Kill the justice league and the upcoming animated film. Is Hal Jordan going to forgotten.

Also on the D.C app for the icons he isn’t available, they use John Stewart and Jessica Cruz.

2 Likes

I know how you feel. I do really like both Jessica and Jo (and every other Earth Lantern, really) but Hal is one of my favorite characters ever, and I would be super happy if he had a monthly title forever. :00_lc_green_lantern:

7 Likes

I do not worry about it. DC goes back and forth on what Lantern they are focusing, and Hal ultimately gets the most focus.

4 Likes

He shouldn’t be phased out completely, but I’m fine with other characters getting the spotlight for a while, especially if the current writer dislikes the character. Let John drop a comment about Hal being on vacation with Carol or a mission or something. Show him (and Carol!) in major events, even if just in the background to let fans know their hero(es) are still out there. For example, I was happy to see Carol pop up in Death Metal. She gets such little attention that acknowledging that she’s Star Sapphire and will suit up for major threats made me happy (although, I’d love to see more and I think she and Hal totally would have been flying together, erhm).

4 Likes

He does have a brief appearance (in the present day) in Superman: Son of Kal-El #4.

4 Likes

I saw that and he seems to be playing a huge part in dc vs vampires…

3 Likes

I would be very happy if DC focused a bit more on Hal. He was the first Green Lantern I ever encountered. Of course, I would still want to see a lot of John and Jessica!

3 Likes