Where My Stargirl Fans At?

Haha, think of how quiet your space will feel when they’re gone, djd!

1 Like

Applejack I cannot wait!! I love family but I read post as where are my Starfire fans at, luckily my explanation worked for both & I’m a huge fan of both. But I’ve been waiting for a Stargirl thread & I couldn’t think. I did discover it’s impossible to type with fingers in your ears tho so at least I learned something.

1 Like

djd, if they’re not already familiar with DC, then blow their minds by showing them DC Universe. “You sit down and watch this. It’s really cool. I’m going to get myself a Tylenol.”

1 Like

Haha a teachable moment, wish I would’ve thought of that. Instead I just crumbled under the noise. Btw I took a Xanax rx’d so nothing illegal here.

1 Like

Chad22

She was also in Smallville

I’m thinking Yvette Monreal is a perfect candidate to play Cindy Burman (Shiv), daughter of the Dragon King.

I’m absolutely stoked for this show. Stargirl by herself would be exciting enough. The fact that she’s JSA connected is maybe the best bonus a show could have. Plus living in Blue Valley I’m sure they’ll be teen titans visits from Wally & the troop. Geoff Johns worked the JSA into his stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. comic. Plus she’s had affiliations with the JLA, Suicide Squad, YJ & the JLU. The cameo possibilities are endless, with names such as Power Girl, Cyclone, Atom Smasher, Billy Batson & Teth-Adam just to name a few.

Stargirl and Power Girl? Yes please! But yes, very much looking forward to this, especially once I realized it was live action. And Brec Bassinger looks perfectly cast.

@jamesasexton007.60473 Even though I don’t know much about her, she does come off as somewhat “plain” compared to others. But hey, everybody else is getting jazzed up on screen, so why not Stargirl.

I’m very interested to see any level of depth revealed.

1 Like

In response to KITTYKRAWLERs statement. This will definitely be a lighter side. She literally has braces when she joins the JSA. She’s one of, it not, the youngest heroes to be inducted into the JSA. I would say for sure the youngest but I didn’t look it up. The Dragon King & his daughter Shiv (aka Cindy Burman ) is Stargirls rival in & out of Blue Valley high school. That’s the only part that might get dark cuz he’s a dark character. Of course they could take it any direction, but my guess based on knowledge of this character is it will be lighter then most. Her stepdad Pat Dugan is a goofball tech-wizard that was the only adult sidekick to a teenage superhero. I believe Jack Knight (Starman) was a teenager when Pat was his sidekick too, but don’t quote me on that. The places where it could get dark is when she fights Solomon Grundy to avenge Starmans death from him. Depending on how far they go it could get dark when a peek into the future reveals Per Degaton murders Stargirls family, at this time she is married to Atom Smasher. Atom Smasher defects to Black Adam’s rival squad prior to them being married. The JSA & Stargirl go back in time to fix it a la’ flash style. People like the Spectre, Klarion the witch boy, Amazo, etc. might add some darkness too, besides the fact she discovers her real father is working with a newer version of the royal flush gang. There’s tons more as continuity goes but I’ll stop cuz I went way overboard. The characters in this show & the theme should make it watchable for any fan of any era of DC was my point to start with.

1 Like

I’d be happy as a clam if Power Girl shows up. Carrie Keegan could play her and did, on Attack of the Show but that was a spoof of PG.

1 Like

*Keagan

1 Like

I am most definitely looking forward to it.

1 Like

Bright and fun is cool, but I hope it’s still serious enough and not “zany” like Legends. I haven’t read any of her comics, so I’m stoked to learn more about her.

2 Likes

@djd187.81432
Awesome! Thanks for the run-down! Sounds like plenty of material to make for a great show!

2 Likes

My favorite use of Stargirl was in New 52. No justice Society existed in this universe, so she was recruited by Steve Trevor. She was to be the spokeperson of the Justice League of America which had a secret agenda and secret members, who as assassin’s and criminals, could not be public members.

Their secret goal was to eliminate the Justice League if it went rogue. Stargirl did not know this, nor know she was not to be sent out on dangerous missions, because her death would be very bad publicity.

The members and their targets were as follows

Martian Manhunter vs Superman
Katanna vs Wonder Woman
Catwoman vs. Batman
Vibe vs Flash
Green Lantern Simon Baez vs Hal Jordan
Hawkman vs Aquaman
Stargirl vs Cyborg

It had a few good issue then got involved n the crossover with JL. And JL Dark and never recovered, even under new names for the team.

Nu52

On this site they have stars & S.T.R.I.P.E full run. It’s Stargirls origin story & the origin of the new S.T.R.I.P.E.,. By new I mean it’s his 1st x going back into action since he was Starmans sidekick & he creates his new meta suit in it. It’s a light read but it’s good. Definitely will give u enough info to get started when the show premieres.

1 Like

Early casting has me even more excited!!!

orntz4.jpg