Where do I start with Batman: Rebirth?

Hey guys, I want to get into the Batman: Rebirth like but I’m not entirely sure where to start. I read the initial “Rebirth” comic, but looking for pointers where to go next. Is it really just as simple as getting into Batman: Rebirth issue No. 1? I’m sort of a comic novice in this regard.

Also, do I need to know more about Gotham Girl and her brother from something else? Or can I just jump in and it’ll explain? Thanks!

Just jump in! Batman (2016-) #1 is the first appearance of Gotham and Gotham Girl. There are a couple of crossovers throughout the run with other series, but the comic itself will usually direct you to them at the end.

4 Likes

It really is as simple as starting with No. 1 Rebirth was meant as a relaunch and a starting point for new readers. Just like they did with New 52 back in the day.

1 Like

Batman Rebirth is a prequel to Batman #1 (2016) so you may as well start there. It is a great starting off point. So is just starting with issue 1.

You can decide between Batman: Rebirth #1 and Batman #1 as Batman Rebirth #1 really is a kick off to Detective Comics and All-Star Batman more than King’s run. But it’s technically part of the trade.