When will Tim Drake finally be in an animated movie?

I always call him Jason when talking about it.

3 Likes

Oh, no, not discounting how smart he is. His family’s fortune doesn’t really put him in the average class either. But a lot of people consider themselves intelligent, even if not at a Tim-level IQ. It’s easier to find common grounds in that regard than to compare yourself with someone who was raised to be a gymnastic all-star from birth, etc.

And Tim’s personality is a bit more realistic in comparison to the other Robins, too. He’s the most level-headed of the bunch, and a lot of his drama surfaced from things that other teens can relate to (parents remarrying, relationship drama, balancing school life, etc).

5 Likes

I get what you’re saying. He always gets looked over for that sort of thing.

2 Likes

As soon as they stop pushing Damian as the one and only Robin.

1 Like

I don’t personally find him boring, I’m currently reading his original Robin run, and I’m really enjoying it. I’m just theorizing that maybe the filmmakers/animators do. He’s not boring or “normal” in my opinion, but I think compared to the other Robins he might seem that way, especially to people who might not have as much in-depth knowledge of the Robins. He has been in a few tv shows at least (The New Batman Adventures, Young Justice) and movies (Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts, Return of the Joker) and even the Arkham games (though I don’t like his design), so there’s that at least.

2 Likes

Exactly

2 Likes

Ditto!

2 Likes

He was severely neglected by his parents, leading him to go out and stalk Batman and eventually figure out his identity. He was only brought in by Bruce after Tim blackmailed him into letting him become Robin. I would absolutely love to see this snarky dude in animation that takes the time to recognise how unique he is.

3 Likes

He was neglected to the degree that he was ignored I think. I wouldn’t call it severe. He was just kept out of the way while his parents did their thing.

Now… the events of Identity Crisis are something that really traumatized Tim.

His parents could be called weekend warriors. They didn’t go out of their way to cause harm to Tim. His introduction was happy with them at the circus. I think he lived in one of those wealthy homes where the parents didn’t make time. He was brilliant and bored.

I don’t think his childhood was healthy, but it’s not “create a caped vigilante” level stuff.

3 Likes