When do we get a “Static: Beyond” stand-alone?

Virgil deserves a miniseries as an adult in a “Static: Beyond” timeline, when he’s the leader of the Justice League, as foretold by the original Static Shock, show during the Batman: Beyond crossover episode, “Future Shock”.
What should his consume look like? I only know of two takes on an “adult” Static, and personally, I’m partial to the Future Shock version, than the JLU still-wearing-same-outfit-I-wore-as-teenager-approach.

1 Like

Good post I never thought of this until now

2 Likes

We needed it yesterday! YES

2 Likes

Oh man, personally, I’d be so down for this! You could say it’d be… shway.

3 Likes

Future Shock was a cool episode. But I’ve always kinda seen Static as a sort of a one-off of Black Lightning. I don’t think they’ve done justice to Black Lightning since he was created back in the 70s, i.e. fully developed him, especially when he was initially not brought in as a member of the Justice League. I was amazed to see him finally get his own show, and again felt he was slighted when not brought into the Arrowverse proper; though I am looking forward to the Monitor rectifying that this next season. It would be nice to see Static as the new kid get mentored by Black Lightning in Young Justice as he’s had experience with mentoring his daughters; at least in other universes.

1 Like

@Aristarchus94.72134 Static is his own character just because he’s black and use electricity don’t make them the same and read their Brave and The Bold teamup to see just how different the characters right down to how their powers work

1 Like

Wasn’t trying to shade your favorite character BPN, just lamenting the previous lightning based character over the new kid. I learned a lot about him watching the animated series. And even had my favorite moment with him and Black Lightning just like I was hoping for back in my previous post. Except it had kind of a different twist; no spoilers you got to watch it.

2 Likes

Bring static

1 Like

Back

1 Like