When Did You Stop Watching the Arrowverse?

While I do agree with some of what has been listed as a reason for abandoning the arrowverse, I think all the shows are entertaining and still watch. The last season of supergirl was actually in my top two. I think session 3 of black lightning is on par with season 1 if not better. I was heartbroken when I found out arrow was ending lol. But yea this thread was kinda sad to read lol.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t stopped

5 Likes

After Arrow season 4, Flash season 3, and LOT season 1.

I recently went back and finished Arrow 5 and I"m working on Flash 4.

Itā€™s interesting, a number of people have mentioned the giant Beebo at season 3 as a ā€œIā€™m so never coming back.ā€

That was so absurd I was ā€œLoTā€¦ you have a fan for life.ā€ It was an amazingly great choice. If the CWVERSE can ā€œtake the p!$$ā€ outta comic book tv like that. Iā€™ll watch as long as it exists.

5 Likes

I had only watched the Supergirl crossover episodes. I have watched the first half of season 1 of Black Lightning. I stopped watching Arrow midway through season 5. The Flash is my favorite character and Iā€™ve been trying to catch up on Netflix with season 4. I liked Legends of Tomorrow but I think I ended up finishing season 3. I do enjoy it though because it hardly connects to the other shows at this point. It has become hard to keep up with shows when there are other options.

I pretty much dropped all the CW shows around Arrow season 5. Arrow 4 annoyed the heck out of me - they kept doing the same thing against Darhk and expecting different results. The writing was so bad that killing Laurel made it seem like throwing the character away instead of making it a meaningful event. In season 5 the new recruits just seemed too generic, with Curtis being a male Felicity and not bringing any of the intelligence to his fighting that Mr Terrific should have. Likewise none of the other recruits stood out to me.
Legends of Tomorrow season 1 really poisoned that show for me, another one with doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Plus the hole they dug by having characters whose powers they couldnā€™t afford to show and would dwarf the abilities of the others if they could. I got half way through season 2 but it just wasnā€™t getting better - and by then Reverse Flash and Damien Darhk, two characters who were good but I had had quite enough of, were back.
Flash was OK but Iā€™m one of those viewers who hate that the big bad every season is another speedster faster than Barry.
Once I started drifting away from a couple of shows the crossovers made me feel like I shouldnā€™t watch any of them. Plus there was so much better TV out there and my viewing time was diminishing.
I do want to watch Crisis and am still trying to decide how many previous shows I think I need to enjoy that crossover.

have not stoppedā€¦Iā€™ll watch them all to the end :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I stopped watching after Arrow season 3. The writing just wasnā€™t doing it for me.

The problem with the Arrowverse (for me, but Iā€™m sure many feel the same) is that itā€™s just become too big to keep up with. If you want to stay caught up with everything, literally all your free time has to be devoted to watching these showsā€¦ Sorry not sorry, but the quality just isnā€™t there for that. Juxtaposed to the MCU, which is doing something similar to the Arrowverse, but itā€™s MUCH more manageable to keep up with (for now). So yeah, thatā€™s why I stopped. It started to feel like work, and there are just SO many other, better, higher-quality show out there.

2 Likes

Stopped watching Arrow near the end of season 4, Flash near the start of season 3, Black Lightning after the season 1, Supergirl and Legends after only a few episodes each. I kind of realized that this version of Oliver was never going to be the same as the one I loved from JLU. I fell behind on Flash, but the more I heard about the constant melodrama, the less I wanted to watch. Black Lightning was a decent watch, but I just never around to watching the newer season. Supergirl and Legends just didnā€™t do anything to catch my attention past the first 3-4 episodes.

I should have stopped Arrow after Season 3
I should have stopped Flash after Season 2
I should have stopped Supergirl after season 1
I should have never started Legends or Batwomanā€¦

Unfortunately Iā€™m still watching it in hopes someone gets their act together.
Needless to say, the years have been disappointingā€¦

Except Black Lightening, I actually stuck to my guns and followed through on this one.

Just stop watching if youā€™re that miserable. Seriously, why are you wasting your time? Thatā€™s literally time youā€™ll never get back and that you can be using to do things you actually enjoy. The CW is so mediocre, there are so many other higher-quality shows out there. Just because itā€™s DC doesnā€™t mean you have to force yourself to sit through it.

2 Likes

ah, I rarely never see things through. especially once I put in the effort of a whole season or two. Besides its like you said. Its DC. Plus some of these series had a great start.

First three season of Arrow were really good, IMO.
First two seasons of Flash were good, the Savitar ARC had its moments too.
First season of Supergirl was awesome, thatā€™s to CBS being in charge.

So of course Iā€™m not just going to walk away. But doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m not going to be vocal about my disappointment. Especially when a forum thread calls for it.

I stopped watching Legends last season. It was just too stupid and the new characters (Gary, Ava & Mona) were irritating and I honestly got to where I didnā€™t care who lived or died anymore.

I gave Batwoman three episodes and decided I had better things to do with my life.

Iā€™m on the bubble with Supergirl. She seems like a supporting character in her own show.

Iā€™ve about decided that the end of the Crisis crossover is a good place to get off of the Arrowverse train. I just donā€™t really enjoy much of it anymore. Truthfully, I think Iā€™ve just gotten too old. Itā€™s very clear from the writing of these shows that I am NOT in the demographic these shows are written to appeal to.

That just doesnā€™t make sense to me. You yourself admit the ā€œgolden ageā€ of the Arrowverse has already passed. Now itā€™s just meh. Which means now is the perfect time to walk away. After saying ā€œscrew itā€ and giving up on the Arrowverse, the next show I watched was Breaking Bad, which was a breath of fresh air in terms of consistent quality. It made me realize that I should be MUCH more selective with the shows I choose to watch. Itā€™s not worth it to watch stuff thatā€™s just mediocre or worse, just to stay caught up or in the loop. There are just too many good shows out there to force yourself to watch something subpar due to some sense of brand loyalty.

But Iā€™m into the whole Action/Hero/Anti-hero shows.

That being said, there is not of shows to watch. Apart from DC shows there isnā€™t really anything out there. Yeah there is Those marvel shows/Netflix shows, but i finished them all. Apart from the arrowverse, there arenā€™t any shows that get renewed from season to season like that. Truthfully, almost all shows related to heroes gets cancelled after two or three seasons.

But here we are in the 8th year of Arrowverse, thatā€™s tons of content. So yeah, I may not be a die hard fan but Iā€™ve already come this far and there is nothing else.

Unless we are talking animationā€¦which we are not.

1 Like

I still watch almost all of them.

I stopped watching Black Lightning. I really enjoyed season 1 but I felt that season 2 was a drag and Jeff barely wore the suit.

Iā€™m debating to stop watching all of them as they air because Iā€™m a little tired of sitting through ads in between the episodes. All the shows have enjoyable features nonetheless. :+1:

I must confess Marvelā€™s Cloak & Dagger was pretty good. I think it was on freeform, so that might be streamable somewhere thatā€™s not Netflix.

Itā€™s on Hulu.

Right before the Earth X/Wedding crossover. I knew Barry was going to go to prison and I hate when shows use that story line. I also got tired of Supergirl as it is nowhere as good as it was in Season 1. I also was not happy that Damien Darhk was back in Legends of Tomorrow so I kinda just gave up. I have been watching clips of Crisis on Infinite Earths though and it looks good.