When Did You Start?

Your summary gives an exact date.

10 Likes

I believe I used the service for free stuff be fore then but I may be wrong.

10 Likes

March 25, 2019. Got it as a late Christmas present for myself. Waited a bit before checking out the community.

11 Likes

Officially today! for the boards.

well i technically started in 2020. But i’m sure no one will remember me. lol.

What happened was, I i posted a spoiler for WW1984 by accident. I didn’t put the blur on the cheetah funco pop. Everyone was super kind, but I was mad hard on myself (a per usual) and deleted my account in shame.

But I remember I initially had signed up, because i loved Batman( all started with batman the animated series) and DC and I wanted to expand my love / knowledge by diving really into the lore, and was happy (hoping) to join a community of people who felt the same.

So we are approaching a new year, and I want to jump back in and try again. this time being total respectful to not spoil and def asking more questions on how to post.

Can’t wait to see ya on the boards people :japanese_ogre::sparkles: and forward to reading / watching / chatting with ya.

2024 let’s go :rocket:

• Yahmez
13 Likes

I technically joined in December of 2021. This was before I really even considered myself a DC fan. I joined because I was at an after school thingy and I had accidently logged out of my HBO Max account, and didn’t remember the log in off the top of my head. I had been watching HQTAS on my computer with a girl I had a crush on and wanted to continue watching it with her because I don’t know how to flirt but I do know how to infodump about things I enjoy, and a kind of friend informed me incorrectly that Harley Quinn was streaming free on DCUI. I made an account but obviously I wasn’t able to watch HQTAS and so I forgot about my account for a few months. I think it was around spring of 2022 when I was actually getting into comics and I remembered DCUI existed, and then somehow stumbled onto the community. I spent several days just kind of lurking and watching people interact before I finally made a post. I remember back then wondering how and why people seemed like they were actually friends on here and why people weren’t just stoically discussing comics lol. I actually told a friend I had back then that I thought it was weird that people were making friends on forums about superheros. But then I met some of the coolest peoples I’ve ever known and I’m glad I gave the community a chance.

11 Likes

This is one of the most relatable things I’ve heard in a while.

I was also a lurker a good bit before commenting.

10 Likes

Welcome to the community. I presume you are one of my fellow The Land Before Time fanatics.

10 Likes

The Simpsons gif. Homer is frozen, standing very still, with a blank expression on his face. He slowly slides himself backwards into a bush to disappear and hide.

10 Likes

I was not. I almost immediately started commenting.

9 Likes

March 24, 2016.

I’m sure I went through large periods of time where I didn’t post though. I think 2020 was when I posted a little bit, but maybe not until 2021 where I posted a lot.

9 Likes

Happy Birthday @Jurisdiction! :tada::birthday::confetti_ball:

9 Likes

Welcome back @yahmezwastaken2503.51400!

9 Likes

Thanks so much @TravisMorgan!

8 Likes

Happy birthday.

8 Likes

Happy Birthday @Jurisdiction!

IMG_5708

9 Likes

Thanks so much @SteveTrevor2.0!

9 Likes

Whoa, @TravisMorgan , we signed up on the same exact day!

But like other comments, I wasn’t really active in the community until 2019-2020? The vast DC video library, reading comics off my Xbox, I miss it.

10 Likes

Happy Birthday @Jurisdiction !

10 Likes

29470690-F6D8-4895-9404-FE08BB4EA911

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Brother @Jurisdiction
You rock my friend. Hope you have an amazing one. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Thanks so much @bigblock66 and @LDFM!!

9 Likes