When Did You Start?

fyjrt

So, I was letting my mind wonder, while on DC Community… (which is scary for me to do :rofl:), and I saw my sign up date… Which led me to wonder when my DC Fam signed up.
And I honestly have no clue when it “Officially Started” so I’m just gonna list some options, and see where it goes. Just for Fun
So, How long have you been a Member on the DC Community?

• Before 2010
0 voters
18 Likes

September 27, 2021

I don’t think I would’ve joined if DC Fandome wasn’t happening those couple years ago. What a moment that was.

14 Likes

It was June 21, 2020 for me.

14 Likes

July 19, 2018 for me. I signed up as soon as I found out DCU was being offered. I think I pre-registered before it actually launched.

14 Likes

Early 2019 - I din’t remember the exact date off the top of my head. But it was while Doom Patrol season 1 was still airing and a few weeks before Swamp Thing premiered

14 Likes

March 2020. I figured I would use it for a month or two and then leave. Then something made me stay.

17 Likes

2018, launch day. I was here when the doors opened, and should they lock up someday, I imagine I’ll be there too.

15 Likes

I made this account in 2020, but it took about 6 months or so for me to make my first official post in the community, which was a reaction post to one of the episodes from Doom Patrol season 2 and took it from there, and I thought nobody would even notice my comments. Boy how wrong I quickly realized I was.

15 Likes

Yeah. I’ve been a member since July 2016.
Insane how time flies.

giphy

13 Likes

2018 preordered DCU and had it since.

13 Likes

I go back to the message board that was repurposed as the first Official DC Comics Message Board.

14 Likes

2021, what a wild ride it’s been

15 Likes

I first got DC Universe (pre-DCUI) in December 2020, but I only started coming on the community in February 2021

13 Likes

October 23rd, 2020
Sometimes I’m very active
Sometimes I’m just lurking
But I’m always here
:00_aquaman:

14 Likes

I signed up in April of 2019 but didn’t try out the forums until Dec 2019.

I got a message from “Kelex” and thought it was someone trying to scam me. :laughing:

I then failed several times to get the password for the Iceberg lounge.

It’s a wonder I was able to figure out a single thing on this forum. :grin:

14 Likes

I found this forum by accident, in February of '22.

This was around the time that it was announced there was a Wonder Twins film being planned, and while searching on that, found this place, and joined.

10 Likes

Hey @bigblock66,
How did I start? Well depend on being a member of DC comic at the time or DC Universe, there’s 2 beginning to the story.
So I guess you can say that I became a member by accident.
It was July 10, 2016, there was a new Batman videogame that came out, it was Batman Telltale where you make your choices as Bruce Wayne and Batman. It was their first game.
They were promoting a free comic book to download, and I was trying to figure out how to get a free Batman comic book to download, I went to dccomics.com to try to get the comic, maybe I need a account, so I made account and call myself reaganfan78.
I was thinking I must’ve done something wrong, no free comic, it took me a while to figure out how to get the comic, it was from comixolgey which I hardly go too.
Now fast forward 2 years later, September 4th, 2018, I was watching a promo video of Kevin Smith promoting the new DC Universe, I’ve just love everything about it, watch DC shows and Movies, read comic, and shop on-line! As for interacting with other DC fans, yeah like that will ever happened I thought.
My main concern was will Superman The Animated Series be on DC Universe? Great that Batman the Animated Series is there, but what about Superman? Will I see my favorite comic books as well?
As I was signing up, I had a little problem, I’ve already had account with DC, til I realize I’ve reactivated my old account I finally remember how I got this, originally I was going to call myself Lincolnfan78, but seeing that I had ‘reaganfan78’, I decided to stick with Reaganfan78.
I was one of the early members before DC Universe began, and was thrill to see Superman The Animated Series on here along with alot of shows and movies.
And that’s my story on how it all started. :nerd_face:

11 Likes

With the series now over, I’m so thankful that you continue to stay.:grinning:

10 Likes

I was here in my previous account from day one and then since July of 2022. I don’t ever want to leave. Such great place!

11 Likes

I believe it was 2021 for me. I got an account so I could read Kingdom Come for a school assignment. I believe my first post was something about how I would change the DCAU. Interesting fact, I applied for the position when the first guy fell through. I didnt get it (or did I? :thinking:).

10 Likes