when did you get into superheroes and did it ever help you feel not alone anymore?

when did you get into superheroes and did it ever help you feel not alone anymore?

4 Likes

I’ve been into superheroes for as long as I can remember, and they definitely make me feel less alone in that you belong to a community of people sharing the stories. How about you?

3 Likes

Being a fan has led to me being a part of this wonderful community that I otherwise wouldn’t have been in, so in a way I would say yes.

4 Likes

Comics are definitely a great way of making friends! If anything it’s been recognized as a friendship builder for several years and that won’t ever change. Glad to be apart of this community as well!

Great post!

2 Likes

I’ve always been in love with superheroes. All of my favorite cartoons were centered around them, and I read my first comic in kindergarten. I started to really fall in love with them thanks to the MCU, as I have seen every one in theatres since the first Iron Man. Even though I had read comics before, I didn’t start obsessing and collecting until I was 11 when a YouTube series called Will’s War came out. After I watched a couple episodes, I had my dad drive me to the closest comic shop and I’ve been collecting since.

1 Like

Sometime around 1975-1977 when I was a kid, watching Saturday morning cartoons (mostly Superfriends and Scooby Doo).

3 Likes

I got into DC when I was six (Marvel a year later).

I’ve never felt a need to combat loneliness really, but I will say that’s it’s been awesome to journey with DC for nearly thirty years. As I grow and evolve through life, so too has DC. It’s great!

I got into superheroes when I watched The Batman tv show. Yes it makes me feel less alone because I can talk with people here about DC!