What's Your Most Random Piece of DC Trivia?

Jimmy Vasser drove a Superman themed Indycar at the US500 in 1998.

1 Like

We have Ramona flowers/the cheerleader in death proof as huntress and little Michelle’s friend in full house as the black canary in the 2020 birds of prey movie

1 Like
  1. My bad.

Answer to my question:

“Joker and The Thief” by Wolfmother was the song in Lego DC Super Villains. Even though the song was not based off the characters from DC, they were based off the Bob Dylan song called “All Along The Watchtower” so you could say that it all connect to DC in one way or another.

I thought it was a pretty interesting fact. Since you know, Joker, Thief, Watchtower. Some DC similarities :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

stephen amell the green arrow has proven he is a hero in American ninja warrior when he did his pole hop thing and won in a wwe ring at summer slam 2015 ppv in a tag match wonder what else he my have yet to do

1 Like

Tim burton was directing batman returns and filming the nightmare before christmas in two separate studios at the same time

5 Likes

@tornadosoup his hair and cape

DC used to publish Marvel’s comics

Kenner used the body of their Super Powers Green Arrow action figure for the body of their Robin Hood figures in their Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves toyline.

Super Powers Robin’s arms and upper torso were used for Will Scarlet in the same line.

5 Likes

~the first Robin was actually Bruce Wayne~

4 Likes

In The New Teen Titans #15, General Zahl traps the heroes in a “devolving pit,” transforming them into their genetic ancestors. While the humans revert to an ape-like form, Starfire develops cat-like features, implying that Tamaranians evolved from felines!

5 Likes

Henry Cavill almost played Superman twice before finally getting the role in Man of Steel. He tested for JJ Abrams’ cancelled Superman Flyby and then for Superman Returns where he lost the role to Brandon Routh.

2 Likes

Lyle Waggoner (Wonder Woman) lost out to Adam West…

as BATMAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

5 Likes

Marlon Brando came up with the idea to make Superman’s S the house of El crest when he played Jor-El.

4 Likes

Don’t know if it is obscure enough, but Frank Miller before doing Dark Knight Returns also did a little known Batman Christmas story called “Wanted Santa Clause Dead or Alive”

5 Likes

There was that time Marlon Wayans was almost cast as Robin in Batman Forever.

6 Likes

Random bits:

I mentioned this a while ago in the TV/Movies forum, but Bob Hastings played Superboy in the 60’s on The New Adventures of Superman while decades later voicing Commissioner James Gordon in the DCAU.

Hasbro was going to make an action figure of the villain Stalker in their Batman Beyond line, but after its prototype was shown at Toy Fair 2000, it was cancelled for some reason.

2 Likes

Joker was right in “Slay Ride”. “There ain’t no such thing as sanity clause” is from A Night at the Opera.

2 Likes

Will Smith was going to be Superman at some point. “There is no way I’m playing Superman!’ Because I had already done Jim West [of ‘Wild Wild West’], and you can’t be messing up white people’s heroes in Hollywood! You mess up white people’s heroes in Hollywood, you’ll never work in this town again!”

1 Like

a little cool fact: the penny in the batcave was originally from a character named the penny plunderer.

2 Likes