What's Your Favorite Supporting Batman Character Series From Post-Crisis?

For a long period of time Batman’s friends and enemies (besides appearing in his comics) only had showcases and small runs. Starting in the 90s DC gifted us lengthy series following individual Batman characters which allowed us to learn a great deal about them.

What’s your favorite from Post-Crisis?
Note - (Not all are in the picture above.)

6 Likes

Robin, but Batgirl is an extremely close second.

4 Likes

Hope Larson’s Batgirl Rebirth run.

2 Likes

Would Morrison’s Batman & Robin count, or is that cheating?

8 Likes

If it wasn’t cheating, it would’ve been my pick.

4 Likes

If we’re talking about from Post-Crisis to Flashpoint, I’ll go with Batgirl, or Brubaker’s Catwoman.

4 Likes

Birds of Prey is one of my all time favorite comics. I think I know @Kon-El’s answer to this but I will let him answer if he chooses to.

3 Likes

Post-Crisis? So 1986-2011??

I love Alfred, Cass, and Tim. They’re amazing characters. Tim was so much a part of everything Post-Crisis that I don’t know that I consider him supporting though.

My choice would be Azrael.

4 Likes

I enjoyed that line quite a lot as well, although I have to admit that after reading around 10 issues I skipped to 56 because that’s when Huntress was about to get a main position.

2 Likes

It is worth going back to read but I do agree Huntress was the missing puzzle piece on that team.

2 Likes

cassandra cain

5 Likes

Well, he goes back to the Golden Age, but my favorite would be Alfred. I do like many of the things that they have done with him. post-Crisis.

2 Likes

Tim Drake

2 Likes

The first 30-some issues of Cass’ Batgirl series are phenomenal!

3 Likes

Without doubt, Helena Bertinelli Huntress. Let’s face it, the Red Hood is a pale imitation of the first post-crisis Bat-fam vigilante/anti-hero. Helena was a straight up, badass, and if she wanted you dead, you were a dead sucker.

3 Likes

Of course it goes without saying that I love all things Barbara Gordon, but when I started reading Chuck Dixon and Gary Frank’s run on Birds Of Prey back in 1996, I came away from the read loving my fave character even more. Loved watching these women (Barb, Dinah, Helena) making their own way in the DC universe, and Gary Frank’s realism infused artwork truly stood out for me.

However, when it comes to BOP on the comics page, my absolute all-time favorite rendition of the trio comes from writers Shawna and Julie Benson along with artist Claire Roe’s thoroughly fantastic 2016 reimagining of Barb, Dinah, and Helena. Sooo goood!

2 Likes

YES. Agreed @DeSade-acolyte. As Starfire might say: “DO NOT mess with the Helena Bertinelli!”

1 Like

Tim Drake for me as well.

1 Like

Batgirl (2000) is #1. Right behind her is Oracle, in Birds of Prey (1999).

4 Likes

Nightwing hands down.

1 Like