What's Your Favorite Quote or Dialogue between Heroes?

“Green Lantern: “What are your powers anyway? You can’t fly.”
Batman: “No.”
Green Lantern: “Super-strength?”
Batman: “No.”
Green Lantern: "Hold on a second… You’re not just some guy in a bat costume, are you? Are you freaking kidding me?!”

Justice League Volume 1

14 Likes

Superman:
Why is it that good villains never die?

Batman:
Clark, what the hell are good villains?

18 Likes

Batman: “Humanity’s last stand Clark! Thousands are dying right now! Billions more will die in minutes! Save them, Superman, or, God help me, I’ll hound you through the afterlife until you beg for mercy!!”

Superman: “…I…really hate…that lecturing tone Bruce…but it’s always when I need to hear it most.”

JLA 41

7 Likes

It’s Christmas time. Deadman walks through crowded streets, yet still alone, as no one can see him. Then a blond woman recognizes his presence.

Deadman:
I was a performer you know? I played to the crowd. That sound, the sound of applause… There’s nothing like it. You soar. I soared literally.
Then suddenly it’s gone. Forever. You’re playing to an empty tent, and…
… I guess I’ve never gotten used to it.

Blonde woman:
You soared and were cut down, at your height.
Maybe there was a reason for that.
Boston…
… Take off that silly mask and listen to me.
We don’t do it for the glory. We don’t do it for the recognition
We do it because it needs to be done. Because if we don’t, no one else will.
And we do it even if no one knows what we’ve done. Even if no one knows we exist.
Even if no one remembers we ever existed.

Deadman:
Yeah I guess we do. Look don’t mind me. I’m just a putz sometimes, you know?

Blonde woman:
No. You’re only human.
You are still human, Boston.
Don’t be ashamed of it; rejoice in it. Because it means your spirit – as flawed or selfish as our spirits can sometimes be – is still alive.

Alive. Maybe. Maybe so.

The bells of St. Patricks Cathedral started to chime in the distance, and she started away, too soon.

Blonde woman:
Well, I have to go. I have business to attend to.
Merry Christmas Boston.

Deadman:
Hey…!
Wait a minute! You didn’t explain –
Who are you? How can you see me?
I… I don’t even know your name…

Blonde woman
My name is Kara.
Though I doubt that’ll mean anything to you.

Excerpt from:
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
By: Alan Brennert
Christmas with the Super-heroes #2

Takes place post-crisis after Kara sacrificed her life. She had been scrubbed from continuity at this time so Superman could be the last Kryptonian. This was one of her few appearancs after her death. Forever grateful for this.

11 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

@Pow-Pow dang, that is some good dialogue!

3 Likes

From Superman/Batman #1:

Batman is attending to a wounded Superman who has just been shot with a Kryptonite bullet by Metallo

Batman: “I don’t know if I’m fast enough to get the bullet out before the wound closes up.”

Superman: “…where’s The Flash…when you need him?”

Batman: “Do me a favor, Clark. Lose the sense of humor.”

Superman: “Do us both a favor, Bruce. Buy a sense of humor.”

11 Likes

Bruce: you haven’t given up on me yet?
Alfred: never

8 Likes

Yes, definitely one of the best exchanges between bat’s and superman.

3 Likes

Batman: If you can’t take care of your own rogues–If you can’t rein them in–Then i’ll do it for you.

Flash: (having changed so fast Batman didn’t even see him move) are you finished?
I want you to know. You touched me because I let you touch me.
And do you think the rogues here are simple? Do you think just because they aren’t mentally screwed to the hilt that I have an easy time?
Your guys are different, Bruce. They work on a completely cerebral level. They leave clues, they like to kill.
My guys? They’re organized. They may have goofy names and wear bright colors, but that doesn’t mean they’re idiots

Batman: He (Robin) Lost his father, Wally. To Captain Boomerang
Flash: In your head, it should have been the Joker or Two-Face that killed Jack Drake. Is that it? Would that be more acceptable to you?

Batman: …

Flash: I’m trying my best here. I really am. Bruce…?

Batman: We Don’t always win. Is that the lesson learned?
Or that we shouldn’t try to have a life outside of the mask?
Superman, Green Lantern, You. Even Wonder Woman has her friends at the embassy.
…I don’t know what to tell him anymore, Wally. Sorry isn’t enough.

Flash: Tell Tim what you told Dick the day heleft to join the Titans. (Bruce looks at Wally puzzled)
In all these years, you only said it once. But it meant more to him than anything else in his entire life.

5 Likes
1 Like

still learning the platform, I did not mean to self promote. Or did I? :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

This sort of explains my love for one character and my feelings for another character.

3 Likes

Batman to Booster Gold: “I’m not explaining the intricacies of time travel to a man without a library card.”

8 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Clark: We don’t have to do this Bruce.

Bats: Sure we do.

3 Likes
3 Likes

You took it deep :cry: :hushed:

1 Like

The end always get me

Don’t you touch him, he’s justice league.

5 Likes

:call_me_hand:

1 Like