What's your favorite Lantern?

@grailknightpercival94 I read up on the Volcano head lantern you were talking about. His name is Volk, he is a green lantern that patrols space sector 315, from the volcanic planet of Maag, he is basically a living lava creature. An interesting fact I found out about him, was that his body generates such intense heat that he must have protective shield around him at all times. He was also responsible for assisting the Green Lantern Corps in the destruction of the ring forgeries for the Sinestro Corps, which helped the efforts of the Sinestro Corps War.

2 Likes

Oh my god thank you so so so much I’m writing a series now called TALES OF THE CORPS and I’ve been wanting to use him so this information is invaluable thank you so so much. If your interested in reading my first issue I’d love to send it to you. It’s being done with a fan made continuity and we are calling the continuity the DCW

2 Likes

@grailknightpercival94 you are most welcome. :+1: :slight_smile: And I am most certainly interested in a reading a copy of your TALES OF THE CORPS, please send it by me whenever your ready. Glad to see that Green Lantern has inspired so many to write so many great novels and stories about them, as to me Green Lantern has always had a certain Star Wars quality to them- with the different factions, ring bearers, aliens, and planets and the various wars that the lanterns engage with each other.

2 Likes

Exactly it’s why I wanted to do a book about the entire corps it’s in comic script form so

2 Likes

Sent it to you in a private thread hope that’s ok

2 Likes

@grailknightpercival94 that’s fine and thanks for the read :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem please let me know what you think and if you like it I’ll let you know the pitch for series itself

2 Likes

Did the issue make it to you

2 Likes

@grailknightpercival94 the message was delivered thanks again for the read. :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for willing to read!

1 Like

@grailknightpercival94 you are most welcome, anything to help out a writer and/or community. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

@Nok its members like you that make this app worth every single penny

2 Likes

@grailknightpercival94 thanks for the kind response and your continued support. If you like my posts you can also check out others that I have done, like the one I did about favorite Green Lantern Villains, which is a similar topic to this one but a bit different in that it doesn’t quite focus on the lantern corps so much, as more so, the diverse cadre of villains that the corps and earth lanterns face - which includes both ring bearers and other beings. There are other topics as well. I try to stay as informative and on topic as possible.

2 Likes

I will check then out for sure tha k you so much @Nok

2 Likes

Hows that issue treating you

2 Likes

@grailknightpercival94 its really good, I love the amount of detail that you and other fans have brought to it. So far I have only finished the first part with Atrocitus, Dex-Starr, Bleez, and also the first part when Hal is giving the Green Lantern Corps their mandates from the Guardians, how they act and the things mentioned and portrayed appear to be exactly the way I picture them to look, feel, or act. Thanks so much for this. You did an excellent job. I will continue reading it, and hopefully finish soon. Its a good read. Please let the others know that I thought they also did an excellent job on this as well.

2 Likes

Hal jordan then john Stewart and Guy

2 Likes

Oh I was the only one who wrote the issue so your high praise is greatly appreciated and means so much to me if you have any further questions or feedback when uou finish the issue please let me know as of right now the rest of the group are tackling other characters in the dc universe I can point you in the direction of the writers thread if you like

1 Like

Not taking any credit from anyone just proud of this first issue

1 Like

@smith93628.5811 those are all good choices. Thanks for your contribution. Hal has also been my number one choice as well- for someone who overcame tragedy after, after tragedy, he survived his possession by Parallax, he lost and regained his love Carol Ferris countless times but still grew even stronger, he lost his entire city to Cyborg Superman and Mongul I, but he regained it and became a beacon of hope in Coast City and he inspired them all to overcome their greatest fears. Hal Jordan also has excellent leadership skills, he led the corps when the guardians were pretty much disposed of in N52. He even once exiled himself and risked his own reputation so he could restore the corps reputation after their name had been mired, because his love for the corps was so great that he would risk his own being so that it would live on. He devoted himself fully to those ideals. After all, he had been through so much in his life with the corps. The corps taught him to overcome his greatest fear - to overcome his parent’s death, I also like that he is a bit reckless at times, because he trying to push boundaries to reach the impossible, that’s what every great leader should do. And that’s why I would say he is not only one of the greatest green lanterns, but also the most inspiring.

2 Likes