What's the difference between the Arkham Asylum comics

Ok so I’m a little confused on the difference between the comics Arkham Asylum a serious house on a serious earth, and Arkham Asylum. Are they both good? Which one’s by Grant Morrison?, and which is the one from 1989? If you know these answers put them here please, cuz I’m just legitimately curious, I heard one’s great, but I’m not sure which one, and it’s not the one from 2009, but I guess there’s a lot, but I heard one of them is great, so I might try to check that one out.

Grant Morrison and Dave McKean wrote and illustrated Arkham Asylum (“A serious house on serious earth”), which was released in 1989.

Dan Slot and Ryan Sook wrote and illustrated Arkham Asylum: A Living Hell. That’s a six issue mini-series from 2003.

1 Like

By the by, the Grant Morrison Arkham book is the one that’s considered a landmark achievement.

Arkham Asylum: Living in Hell is pretty forgettable IMO. So is Batman: Arkham Manor for that matter.

1 Like

thanks appreciate it

1 Like

You’re welcome. Happy reading :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Morrison McKean Arkham book is one of those books thats a classic yet extraordinarily hard to read. I think I’ve gone through it about five times and I still can’t say I fully understand it. Its worth reading from the perspective of being a book that pushed the bounds of the medium but be aware that it is different than any other superhero comic you’ve ever read.