What's New on DCUI: September 2021

Thanks for the feedback! No, there are no digital collections for Archives on the retail side (though many would love it if they were made available!)
As a short term solution, maybe they can at least look into the posibility of scanning pages from collections with restoration completed. It could end up being less work than to try and clean up old newsprint. DC has already paid people to restore this stuff and we would love to see some mileage out of that investment.
Obviously I don’t have any insight as to how or what the digital team has access to, but DC as a company used to keep an extensive vault of publications. What has not been already digitized, is likely on microfiche.
Sorry to keep beating this drum, but as a long time DC fan, I just want the best for what will amount to be the permanent digital archive long into the future.
Thanks again!

5 Likes

Seems to be a lot of excitement for Green Arrow. Is there a chance we could see Green Arrow Annual #1? It is part 2 of the Fables storyline that crossed over with Detective Annual #1 and The Question Annual #1. Both of which are already online.

6 Likes

Welcome back to the community @Fantastic-Comic-Fan and welcome to the community @gt2814.35261 and @augeri.65784! :wave: Please let the moderator team know if you need anything.

Thank you for the request - I’ve added this to our ongoing internal list of comics that still need to be added to the platform! In the future, we have a thread within which you can post these kinds of requests: Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

< refreshes page each hour in hopes of a Green Arrow update > :grin: :grin:

2 Likes

More silver age. Love the old strange adventures issues……please keep them coming…….more Legion of super heroes in Adventure comics also.

6 Likes

YASSSSS!!! :00_wonder_woman_stars:

I love how we keep getting Golden Age Wonder Woman! An issue here, an issue there, and it keeps adding up. If they all came at once I would just binge them all like a box of cookies. This way I can truly savor them. :wonderwoman:

6 Likes

We wants all of the new shiny, shinies (minus the brand-new books I’ve bought and read in the last 6 months, as it’s too soon of a re-read on most of those for me).

They are our… Preciouseseseseseses.

Also, I’m particularly excited for Nightwing #78 to debut here.

The more fans (calling @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder in particular) that can get in on the ground floor of Tom Taylor’s Nightwing the better, as it. is. GREAT.

5 Likes

I’m here

2 Likes

Great to see Green Arrow getting some love next month. Hopefully we get more!

3 Likes

I beg your pardon???

5 Likes

To paraphrase Mission: Impossible:

Your mission, should you choose to accept it: Read Nightwing #78 when it becomes available on DCUI.

Should you accomplish this task, you will find joy and escapism in the series, which will lead you to further issues of Tom Taylor’s tip-top, terrific run with the series/character as more issues of his run come to the service.

You have your mission, Agent @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder. As always, if caught reading comics, the IMF will see that you are awarded oodles of Cool Points, along with a hearty high-five. This message will not self-destruct in five seconds.

Finally, “eat Snacky Smores.”

2 Likes

I accept

2 Likes

The IMF is proud of you, as are Spyral, Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon and Tom Taylor.

yoinks a delicious Snacky Smore

2 Likes

The first 8 issues are actually there. This is the least good part of the sandman, but hey, at least we got something!

4 Likes

Hi @Alec.Holland we’re getting close to the first September drop - any update on the Green Arrow issue number discrepancies? Thanks as always!

4 Likes

Hey JLA!

Sadly no updates on the discrepancies at the moment. The Content team is being pulled in a few different directions as we’re having some technical difficulties on the back end (See: Wonder Woman (1942-) #47/#48)

I’ll let you know as soon as I hear from them!

6 Likes

SUPERMAN Red and Blue!!! And that Batman the World sounds very interesting.

2 Likes

A-Day was a fear gas bombing that took place in Arkham Asylum which Scarecrow is responsible for of course. Due to the recent bombings, Mayor Nakano of Gotham has partnered with Simon Saint to create the Magistrate, which is now prominent in Future State Gotham.

3 Likes

I gotta say, the digital first issues have been exceptional thus far!

4 Likes

DCUI is freezing up horribly this new release morning.

2 Likes