What's New on DCUI: July 2021

I can’t wait to explore the path unknown! Lol! Maybe read something unfamiliar of course. Thanks to keeping me interested a little comic explorers. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can’t wait for Generations Shattered

2 Likes

which comicbook series you currently reading?

I’m in the middle of the ‘Endless Winter’ event from last December/January, I just started ‘The Joker War’ based on a @Nathan.Payson recommendation as a good event to read before Future State begins. I’m also trying to make my way through the entire New 52 event and am about 25% of the way through it so…that’ll take me years to finish but I knew that going in.

The only books I’m “current” on are Rorschach, Strange Adventures and The Other History of the DC Universe.

1 Like

I’ve also started reading Batman New 52, I’m on Issue Twelve right now. I am also reading DARK NIGHTS: METAL 2017.

1 Like

can’t wait to see more of Static(season one)

3 Likes

Im still an old print guy, read alot of the FUTURE STATE books as they came out, and now, in the current, glad to see those stories panning out. I was a bit worried this was a CONVERGENCE-thing, some cool fan-service but really, just a time filler, but, nope, pleased and surprised. To any and all you digital only kids, the upcoming books are worth paying attention to…

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, @jfelon971.82654! You’ll find quite a few Static fans here, so you’ve found the right place to discuss anything and everything DC-related.

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :cloud_with_lightning:

1 Like

Speaking of @Nathan.Payson I don’t think he updated his reading order for Phase 2 of Rebirth

Yeah. I wrote it for once every book is out. Think about Future State as a puzzle to put together. Slowly putting pieces together. My Future State order on CBH is like the Puzzle being solved.

Remember, each 2 part story goes straight from Part 1 into Part 2, so issue by issue outside of reading them as they come out won’t change much for you.

I’d say thinking about it like

Batman books of the week
The Next Batman #1 - Who is the Magistrate? What are the Outsiders like? and How do villains work against the Magistrate?
Harley Quinn #1 - How does an antihero relate to the magistrate + See what Phillips’s Harley Quinn voice is like

Justice League Books:
Wonder Woman #1 - Meet Yara Flor

Superman Books of the Weeks:
Superman of Metroplis - How is Jon Kent’s Job as Superman doing? What is it like inside the REDACTED

Teen Titans Story:
Flash #1 - Part 1 of the story about the 4 horsemen

For each week, just read them as they come out and put the pieces together. As you read the books feel free to look at my opinion on the “story” of each Future State Family.

2 Likes

Yeah, I apologize. I got SUPER burnt out trying to write a reading order to a very rough patch of Rebirth. Phase 2 gets BAD once Year of the Villain starts and it killed my desire to write the second half. HOWEVER, my Phase 2 reading order (Without the phase 2 naming stuff) on Comic Book Herald Soon. Basically Rebirth Year 3 and 4 on the website are being reworked with the goal of ending with Death Metal.

Hopefully it comes in the next 2 weeks.

In the mean time, check out the Road to Future State reading order on the forums!!! That will probably do you better than trying to read Rebirth Phase 2 (Posted in an above link). Rebirth Phase 2 has some good books, but it’s so poorly organized by DC that trying to “read it” isn’t worth your time. Especially with Future State/Infinite Frontier beginning on DC Universe Infinite Soon!

1 Like

Understandable, a lot happens that era, lol

3 Likes

So…July looks pretty packed to me with things I would gravitate towards.

Sensational Wonder Woman #12-14, Future State: Wonder Woman, Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman/Catwoman #2, Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman, Future State: Catwoman, Future State: Justice League, Future State: Teen Titans, and Future State Harley Quinn.

Yo, that’s a lot of Future State for me.

I’m okay with that. :man_cartwheeling: :man_cartwheeling:

3 Likes

What is needed:

Tarzan
Sgt. Rock
Unknown Soldier
Weird War Tales
Warlord

That is all

4 Likes

DC licensed Tarzan
But no longer has any right to it

Comixology lists
Dark Horse
As the owner of
Tarzan by Joe Kubert

Link

Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Tarzan: The Complete Joe Kubert Years: http://www.comixology.com/Edgar-Rice-Burroughs-Tarzan-The-Complete-Joe-Kubert-Years/digital-comic/415956

2 Likes

I was worried that Update '88 might get forgotten.
Glad that they’re going straight into it after Update '87.

Now, if we can just get all the '89 Annuals up… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’d like to see more early Silver Age Superman, particularly the issues that would have been in Superman: Man of Tomorrow Archives vol 4. “Superman’s Return to Krypton” is fondly remembered as one of the best single issues ever.

3 Likes

I bought the
Superman 75 anniversary
For that story on
Comixology

Superman: A Celebration of 75 Years: http://www.comixology.com/Superman-A-Celebration-of-75-Years/digital-comic/53449

I asked the
Earth 2 Help Center

For
Return to Krypton
Death of Superman
First Lori Lemaris story

All in this volume

1 Like

@david.75200 Welcome to our awesome corner of the world :smiley:

You’re not alone there, friend! That’s definitely something many people are looking forward to seeing on DCUI. I’d love to hear why you’re such a fan of it!