What's New on DCUI: July 2021

Time for my monthly request already?

13 Likes

Haha thank you for the request. I love looking at these. Very creative way of putting your request in! Hopefully your wish will be answered!

7 Likes

Who’s Who Updates? Yes, please!

5 Likes

I wrote a very thorough reading order for the Comic Book Herald with analysis on why that order is best. For the road to stuff, the one applejack recommended works great!!

8 Likes

Danke Schoen to you and @Nathan.Payson!!

That way lays madness, I say! Madness! :smiley: I must read all the things in the order the Monitor decrees.

Is this?

6 Likes

As an update for the issue with Wasteland #6, there’s an issue with sensitive content that the team is currently trying to find the best way to display. We don’t have an ETA on their solution, but they’re working on it!

4 Likes

May I suggest a content warning page at the beginning of the issue? Similar to what Disney Plus puts at the beginning of some shows and movies. I would hate to see the original source material censored or altered in any way. Thanks.

7 Likes

That’s not a bad idea! I’ll be sure to share this with the team.

7 Likes

I’ll take ‘HOLY FUTURE STATE, BATMAN’ for a thousand, Alex!

4 Likes

Yet another reminder of how far behind I am on my reading.

It all looks so good, and I am so very far away from any of it.

5 Likes

YES! I have been waiting on this since January - so glad to see the start of Future State here on DCUI and cannot wait to dive in!

4 Likes

Haha thanks! My hope was to get the word out that people want sandman, but without just pestering all the time

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll tell you!

• The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox Director’s Cut #3 :00_joker_card:
  • The Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox Director’s Cut #4 :00_joker_card:
  • Jinny Hex Special #1 :cowboy_hat_face:
  • Justice League: Endless Winter #2 :00_justice_league3:
  • Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point #6 :batman:
  • Legends of the Dark Knight #1 :batman:
  • Legends of the Dark Knight #2 :batman:
  • Legends of the Dark Knight #3 :batman:
  • Legends of the Dark Knight #4 :batman:
  • Future State: Superman of Metropolis #1 :superman:
  • Future State: The Next Batman #1 :batman:
  • Future State: The Next Batman #2 :batman:
  • Future State: Harley Quinn #1 :harley_hv_2:
  • Future State: Swamp Thing #1 :st_swamp_thing2:
  • Future State: The Flash #1 :theflash:
  • Future State: Wonder Woman #1 :00_wonder_woman_stars:
  • Future State: Dark Detective #1 :batman:
  • Future State: Justice League #1 :00_justice_league3:
  • Future State: Robin Eternal #1 :00_robin:
  • Future State: Superman/Wonder Woman #1 :superman: :00_wonder_woman_stars:
  • Future State: Green Lantern #1 :00_lc_green_lantern:
  • Future State: Kara Zor-El, Superwoman #1
  • Future State: Teen Titans #1 :00_teen_titans1:
  • Future State: Immortal Wonder Woman #1 :00_wonder_woman_stars:
  • Future State: Shazam! #1 :00_shazam:
  • Future State: Catwoman #1 :catwoman_hv_1:
  • Future State: Nightwing #1 :ttns_nightwinging:
  • Future State: Superman: Worlds of War #1 :superman:
  • Batman/Catwoman #2 :batman: :catwoman_hv_1:
  • Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #1
  • Sweet Tooth: The Return #3 :deer:
  • Static (Season One) #2 :cloud_with_lightning:
  • Batman: Curse of the White Knight #4 :batman:
  • Icon & Rocket: Season One #1 :rocket:

That’s a ridiculous 34 books I can’t wait to read just in July - not including continuing my quest to read all of The New 52! Again - this place is a BARGAIN! Even if all of those books cost me $4.99 at my local comic shop it would have cost me $169.66 just to get those 34 books but instead I get to read ALL of them, and more, for an average of 20 cents a day! That’s insanely good value! I DEFINITELY get my two dimes worth out of this place every single day and love what DC has built here.

:00_dc_2005: :heart: :dc:

Edit: Add DCeased: Dead Planet #7 to this list because that means all of DCeased will now be on DCUI and let the binge reading begin!

• DCeased #1-6
  • DCeased: A Good Day to Die #1
  • DCeased: Unkillables #1-3
  • DCeased: Hope at World’s End #1-15
  • DCeased: Dead Planet #1-7

Let’s go!!! :zombie: :woman_zombie:

9 Likes

None. Still waiting for bronze age Superman and Action Comics.

3 Likes

It would be nice if we could get some status updates on these repeat requests. I’ve scrolled through the interview thread with the archivist several times and it really doesn’t help.
How about if the people handling these say, Yes, we see you’ve been requesting these titles for two years. Right now, we can tell you we (have/haven’t) had a chance to review your requests. We expect to be able to post these by Date X or, due to quality circumstances, we are not able to publish these issues."
It really isn’t asking that much that instead of being told month after month for two years that our requests have been passed along, that we at least get some kind of updates on them.

3 Likes

Hey Rick,

Based on the size of the team and the current back log of issues that we have in the pipeline, it’s not currently feasible for the digitization/content team to individually respond to requests to confirm that they’ve been seen and then provide an ETA.

The requests are often used to steer the direction of the roadmap for what’s already planned, they are not worked through/reviewed on a first come, first served basis.

6 Likes

Yep!! That’s it! My reading order work for DC Universe has moved on to Comic Book Herald. If you want newer reading orders for DC stuff, check there, I probably wrote it.

5 Likes

I shall use the @Nathan.Payson order!

I have not read the Joker War so I’ll have to skip step #1 and be a bit in the dark when it comes to the Dark Knight Family. Not sure I have the time to start and finish this task in the next 19 days before Future State begins.

I read Death Metal as it came out (couldn’t help myself - I own it all in hardcopy!) but will go back and re-read #7 before July 13th to refresh my memory of how it all ended and where it left things.

Now we’re cooking with gas - I’ll be digging into Justice League Dark # 20-28 and will follow that up with Legion of Superheroes #1-12.

Once I get that done, though, I have a few questions for you Nathan:

Not necessary but if you were to update that original post it would be the :honeybee: knees. :wink:

Nathan - Your Comic Herald reading order for Future State starts with collections like ‘The Next Batman’ which has nine different books in it. Is there an individual issue list you’d recommend? Specifically week to week as they appear here on DCUI?

July 13th Books:

• The Next Batman #1
  • Superman of Metropolis #1
  • Harley Quinn #1
  • Swamp Thing #1
  • The Flash #1
  • Wonder Woman #1

Is there a recommended order for us to read those books when they drop?

Thanks for the lists and info - very helpful to those of us like me that obsess on reading things in order.

3 Likes

Thank you for this!!!,

3 Likes

I am in love with dcu infinite.

3 Likes