What's New on DCUI: July 2021

Yessss! Loved Static #1 and can’t wait for this and Hardware, and hopefully more titles to be announced before this first wave wraps up.

Is there a reading order for FUTURE STATE anywhere? Anything beyond DC NATION PRESENTS DC: FUTURE STATE #1 recommended before diving in to all these #1s?

6 Likes

I am skimming for Hawkman, Hawkman, and Hawkman. :00_hawkman:

7 Likes

We have a support group here on DC Community if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by all these new DC Universe Infinite titles in July, and would just like to have a steady guiding lighthouse to help you weekly navigate through this overwhelming amount of entertainment, as well as to have a free place to discuss the stories in a safe place.

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g/NewtoDCUI

9 Likes

RWBY/ Justice League is a crossover with an animated series that I think is on the Roosterteeth web site. I haven’t watched it, but I get a kind of Sailor Moon meets fantasy war vibe, I hear good things about it.

5 Likes

Sword of Atlantis! Nice!

6 Likes

Heya keath! We do have a Future State reading order suggestion here by none other than Nathan.Payson:

You can also see a brief discussion here that notes because of the varying timelines (for example, TurokSoneofStone1950 notes Swamp Thing is way in the future), a dedicated reading order before diving in isn’t fully necessary.

Hope this helps!

10 Likes

Poor Vicki Vale!
7Hi
:laughing:
Let’s face it, she scream alot!
5e36259a1b18528b0d33776a6666ec6d

I don’t hear Catwoman scream…

catwoman-scream

Ok, you got me! LOL!:grin:

8 Likes

Looking forward to those, Aquaman: Sword of Atlantas was an interesting little series. Not sure I will read it again, but glad some who likely missed it will get a chance. And glad to be able to check out the Future state series I missed

Also looking forward to the final issue of Batman/Fortnight. Which has been a surpringly enjoyable read.

5 Likes

Time for my monthly request already?

13 Likes

Haha thank you for the request. I love looking at these. Very creative way of putting your request in! Hopefully your wish will be answered!

7 Likes

Who’s Who Updates? Yes, please!

5 Likes

I wrote a very thorough reading order for the Comic Book Herald with analysis on why that order is best. For the road to stuff, the one applejack recommended works great!!

8 Likes

Danke Schoen to you and @Nathan.Payson!!

That way lays madness, I say! Madness! :smiley: I must read all the things in the order the Monitor decrees.

Is this?

6 Likes

As an update for the issue with Wasteland #6, there’s an issue with sensitive content that the team is currently trying to find the best way to display. We don’t have an ETA on their solution, but they’re working on it!

4 Likes

May I suggest a content warning page at the beginning of the issue? Similar to what Disney Plus puts at the beginning of some shows and movies. I would hate to see the original source material censored or altered in any way. Thanks.

7 Likes

That’s not a bad idea! I’ll be sure to share this with the team.

7 Likes

I’ll take ‘HOLY FUTURE STATE, BATMAN’ for a thousand, Alex!

4 Likes

Yet another reminder of how far behind I am on my reading.

It all looks so good, and I am so very far away from any of it.

5 Likes

YES! I have been waiting on this since January - so glad to see the start of Future State here on DCUI and cannot wait to dive in!

4 Likes

Haha thanks! My hope was to get the word out that people want sandman, but without just pestering all the time

3 Likes