What's New on DCUI: December 2021

I was excited about Batman Reptilian but I heard Batman is depicted as just a big, abusive bully (and ik there’s a forever ongoing debate about whether or not he’s always been a big, abusive bully, but I’m not talking about that debate, I’m strictly talking about Reptilian and its unique depiction of our dark knight). Idk, I’ll probs still check it out bc, y’know, Batman, but what I’ve heard/read ain’t good. Still, it’s better to see for yourself and form your own opinions instead of just what you hear from others, so that’s what I’m gonna do.

1 Like

I keep seeing that there are supposed to be digital comics that are out daily, but I don’t see anything close to that on this list. Am I misreading it? I haven’t seen the digital comics come out at a rate that is anything close to daily. What’s up?

1 Like

Hey Scott, can you let me know where you’re seeing this?

Releases on DC Universe Infinite are typically done every Tuesday with some issues releasing later on in the week, typically on Friday.

1 Like

1 Like

A little late to the party-- been on hiatus! However, want to say ‘thanks’ for some more variety. Something like Zatanna doesn’t always get the attention it deserves. While I’d like to see more holes filled in Wonder Woman, it’s nice to see the holes in Batman filled and Green Arrow added to the mix.

2 Likes

I haven’t read Far Sector, but I’m a big Green Lantern fan so I may have to give it a shot! I almost bought it in single-issues but I’m way behind on the current stuff going on in DC. Hopefully I won’t be totally lost

1 Like

Welcome back to the community! Definitely check out Far Sector and let us know how you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scott - For a while, there were new issues every day, but that has slowed down and they probably just need to update their blurb.

1 Like

Far Sector isn’t your standard Green Lantern story, but it is quite good. Definitely more of a science fiction story than is usually seen in that space. Well worth checking out.

1 Like

Is Joker Puzzlebox #13 a mistake? Or is it not really dropping today? Or was it forgotten? Just curious, was supposed to be released yesterday & still not on today?

1 Like

At least half of the issues of that series so far have been delayed from the release date that was provided. The issue usually shows up a week late. I’ve gotten used to it at this point.

Also, as long as I’m griping, Suicide Squad (2021) #4 was added today, and there’s still no sign of #2. So, now it’s been two months since that issue was supposed to be on here. Get it together, DCUI.

2 Likes

:joy: I reported Suicide Squad #2 cuz I read half of it & then every page thereafter had an Alfred the Butler- uh-oh there seems to be an issue loading this page- message. I guess they never got it fixed cuz it just skipped to #3. Good to know it’s not just me tho. I wasn’t sure if my iPad was malfunctioning, or if everyone was experiencing the same deal? I’ve been off the homepage for a few minutes. But none of the new ones were posted on it last I checked. I started reading at 1am EST, by taking a photo of the new drops & individually searching all of them one by one. I was happy they were on there at least lol. Well, most of them that is…

Yes, our content team was made aware of this issue. Unfortunately we have no update to provide from when it was reported, so we’re still on standby while the issue is being investigated/while we wait for some news to share.

I apologize that it’s taking so long – we’re hoping it gets put out there for you guys soon, too.

3 Likes

Barring the issue actually getting added to DCUI, at some point it would be nice to hear from a representative from the content team about why exactly this problem is taking so long to resolve and how much longer they estimate that it will take to fix.

3 Likes

This would be a job for Mr @Jitsu!

5 Likes

I checked Comixology. The currently scheduled release date for #13 is January 4, so we likely won’t be getting the issue before then:

https://www.comixology.com/The-Joker-Presents-A-Puzzlebox-2021-13-Directors-Cut/digital-comic/975015

1 Like

Superman: The Secret Years. I dont recall this mini-series at all so I look forward to reading it. I did read The World of Smallville and The World of Krypton on here and enjoyed those so The Secret Years should be a fun read.
Oh, and where is Superman '78 at. I really want to read that Superman series!

Gotcha ty. I saw 7/6. Then it wasn’t on. So thought it’s probably 7/7? Still wasn’t on by the 8th so I knew it was a problem after that lol.

1 Like

Batman: Noel was added to DCUI today as a Holiday treat:

3 Likes

I’d love to see all issues included in the Batman: black casebook. Really like grant Morrison’s work and to see what inspired him would be awesome.

2 Likes