What's New On DC Universe: Over 5,500 New 52 and Rebirth Era Comic Books!

Thank you DC comics for adding more comics every week good I sign up during Comic-Con

3 Likes

Mind blown.

2 Likes

Just really want to say thank you guys for the hard work over the months of improving this service. I am truly astonished I have so many comics to choose from that I don’t know where to begin. Thank you!

7 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this ever since the other company started their unlimited service. There is now far too much I want to read that it will take years for me to do it.

I will be a loyal annual subscriber forever now.

6 Likes

I’m sure this has been asked many times, but it feels like at this point there’s such a massive library of content on the site, why not just give us everything? Or are you? You’ve already given me more than I will likely ever read so it seems a little odd to keep it from just being all access.

Excluding current comics on shelves and stuff caught up with rights issues involving other companies.

2 Likes

I almost feel guilty now when I consider what I’m getting for the price. I’ve LOVED the service since launch day, and it just gets better and better!

3 Likes

This is absolutely fantastic! Hope certain Milestone, Vertigo, WildStorm and Black Label series come too (particularly those close the DCU) as well as some series who were only finished in trades like Vigilante: Southland

3 Likes

So many of us are about to just disappear into the DC Library, lol.
Thank you, DC <3

1 Like

Amazing! Like Christmas morning! Thank you so much! This is why I joined after waiting.

@Mae asks:

“Will new issues (12 months out or new “old” issues added) be highlighted in the library somehow or with a post here?”

They will be highlighted! Keep your eye out on the home page for a Row dedicated to “new to us” comics every Tuesday. And of course our regular Tuesday “What’s New” articles will also call out those issues, which we will point to here in a Community Watchtower post.

@jessiestaf.34086 asks:

“You’ll also be digitizing older comics that haven’t been added yet and adding those too right?”

We will indeed! As soon as they’re ready to hit the screen DC Universe will be there to put that gorgeous comic glow all over your beautiful faces. Bearing in mind of course that digitizing and restoration is quite a laborious process, and we are not responsible for which issues are selected for restoration :slight_smile:

@darkknights71901.4159 asks:

“Why not just give us everything? Or are you?”

You’ll be able to get a big old response to this question in our Frequently Asked Questions post from a few weeks ago, which you can find in the Watchtower section or by f ollowing this link:

But the TL;DR gives the following reasons:
-Retailer relationships; collector’s editions, special editions, graphic novels, etc. that are still of high retail value have been held back from DC Universe.
-Licensing deals. Some imprints or runs have rights associated with them that prevent us from carrying on the service.

Thank you everyone for the kind words, and happy reading!

8 Likes

@applejack. Is the cut off date officially March 28th (1 year and three weeks) or will those three weeks be filled over time.

@Nathan.Payson, cut off date for vut? “New to us issues”? We have a bit of housekeeping we’ll be doing next Tuesday (about 150 archived and new eligible issues), then the following week we’ll start falling into a cadence of releasing the issues from 12 moons ago. Does that make sense/answer the question? Let me know if I misunderstood!

3 Likes

As much as I’m happy to see all these Rebirth and New 52! comics up (which I am)…nothing can beat my ecstasy over RED ROBIN (2009) MAKING IT ON HERE!!!

1 Like

So at the moment, every Rebirth comic on and after DC Universe is March 28th (with a few already on here exceptions). Not April 18th or 25th. So next week would currently add the April 4th titles. the week After April 11th. Will the gap between March 28th and April 18th be filled before the weekly cadence or will the weekly cadence start with April 4th? Does that help?

@Nathan.Payson, yes! Gaps will be filled intermittently over the next few weeks. You can expect a more regular cadence reflecting the 12 moons starting May 7th, give or take about 6 days (not necessarily a 1:1 ration of May 7th 2018 = May 7th 2019, what with the space time continuum and all).

2 Likes

Yay! So happy to know that! I was all sad that the DC Very Rebirth Holdiday Special would release in January… SO glad that’s wrong!

This is simply incredible. There’s so much content.

One issue, though. I’ve added about 60 series to a custom list I’ve made called Comics to Read on my desktop. But when I go on my DC Universe app on my phone or tablet, and click on the Comics to Read list, nothing shows up!

@VanWinkle I know, it’s a veritable comic deluge!

If you’re still having trouble with that Comics to Read display, go ahead and hit up our Support team here: https://yourdcu.com/help

1 Like

I am new to DC Universe and an absolute fan of the service. The only recommendation I would have went to be at a section in comics page for “New this Week.”

2 Likes

I noticed the He-Man and Masters of the Universe Mini-Series has the first 6 issues of the ongoing instead of the 6 issue mini series.

2 Likes