What's New on DC Universe Infinite & ULTRA: MAY

Does DC care about their members or am I Crazy?
Helllooooo can’t read comics!

5 Likes

Oh it’s fixed for me… I assumed they updated it or something… weird

1 Like

Is anyone else having trouble seeing the FCBD offerings that were supposed to be released today (5/4/24)?

3 Likes

Hey @bigby65.78080, welcome back to the community! :wave: I’m sorry to hear about this - which FCBD comic(s) are you having issues viewing?

2 Likes

I sadly think that is more or less it. The truth is I think in DC’s mind it is more financially viable to indefinitely stop putting up archived issues. And in truth… they sadly might be right. It is easy for us to sit in our fandom bubble and think because 8-10 people complain each month on this thread and a few others in other threads, that there is this big outrage. And obviously there are people mad, but a lot of those complaining are probably not going anywhere because many will stay on for the comics coming out only a month earlier and the large archive and trades being archived is a lot cheaper than buying them off the rack, and that even if some are unhappy we get no new archives (which was only around 4 a week anyway) that the monthly offerings will be enough to keep most on.

Yeah some will leave or already have left (and that is a perfectly viable response if that is the thing they were primarily or solely here for) but that is only a problem if the number who leave cost them more money than they saved by apparently stopping archiving all together. And if the money saved by not posting achives is more than they are losing from people who leave for it… then they are not going to be motivated to spend more money to bring it back.

Again, not defending them but that is the sad reality of it. Decision made by people at the top of major companies look at dollars and sense. They don’t care about making a group of people complaining loudly many who will probably still stay happy, or preserving history, or the endorphen rush we get from seeing classic comics. They care about the bottom line.

I know that is synical and I hope I am wrong, but the sad reality is while I am guessing DC will start archiving comics again SOMEDAY (I mean all indications are digital media will eventually overtake physical media in the future) it may not be in the cards for it to happen any time in the near future… or even the not so near future.

But I REALLY hope I am wrong.

4 Likes

Yes I had to do a search to find them.

1 Like

Nope! Still bugs!

1 Like

All of them from this year’s offerings.

2 Likes

I would think that they would be put with the new releases.

1 Like

Can you try the following links and let us know if they work for you?

Unfortunately, MAD Magazine 2024 FCBD Special Edition (2024) is not appearing on my end either. Our team will be looking into this shortly - thanks for the report and your patience. :orange_heart:

3 Likes

They work for me

1 Like

Sadly, we’ve gone from a peak of them adding 20+ archives a week dwindling down to 4 to 0. It means the entirety of DC’s library will never be available from DC. I knew things were bad when DC stopped offering some of the weekly archived books for sale on Amazon/Comixology in June 2023 and stopped completely in September 2023. They should have continued offering everything archived here for sale there because that’s an additional income stream (at no cost since they were archiving them to put on here anyway). If every book archived was available for sale at the same time they appeared here they would pay for themselves, especially if they offered books that had already been digitized for collected editions. It makes no sense.

4 Likes

So, I didn’t major in Business, but I’ve been around a while.
When one offers a product, and many, many customers suggest a feature, that indicates that those customers WANT that feature. McDonald’s customers wanted the same convenience they got at lunch and dinner for breakfast, and, voila, fast food breakfast became a category.
It seems many, many readers here have been quite vocal about back issues. A lot.
The less they are acknowledged, the more alienated and disenfranchised they become.

I don’t know why DC has been stingy with Silver and Golden age comics. I DO know the requests from otherwise loyal and happy customers aren’t really being addressed or acted upon… and that rarely goes well for the business in question.

My advice: either respond to all these requests by saying “ we are not going to put more back issues up because we want to sell you a hardback Flash archive for the fourth time,” or throw us a darn bone with an issue of Brother Power, The Geek. Anything. Sugar and Spike. ‘Mazing Man. The 60s non-canonical Plastic Man. I honestly don’t care anymore. Give the paying customers what they paid for: old, digital comics. At this point, I’ll take ANYTHING from the 20th Century.

Either give me that or just say outright that you won’t put older comics up anymore.

Please.

10 Likes

Also, pursuant to today’s update: thanks again for completely ignoring the vocal and voluminous requests from many of your subscribers for archive comics. Awesome customer service, DC.

7 Likes

Uhhh…I’m getting that bug again where I’m getting next week’s releases but can’t read them.
Problem is they block this week’s releases and now I got to go search them.
Alright…back to Arkham.

5 Likes

You weren’t kidding, same here, that’s really weird.:thinking:

3 Likes

Ditto.

3 Likes

Thank you for providing these links! Much appreciated!

3 Likes

I’m still holding out hope that eventually DC will start archiving again. It is painful when I go to Marvel Unlimited early Mondays and see them archiving typically 6 to a dozen per week fairly regularly.

6 Likes

I am also frustrated with the lack of archive issues, but I feel that Marvel’s output has been over reported. They had no archive issues in January this year (I am not counting the occasional facsimile editions as they are often just complete with ads versions of issues already there). March had 3 archive issues. April did have a dump of 7 West Coast Avengers which I believe finished the series except for a couple of annuals (I don’t like that Marvel separates the annuals from the main series).

I will say that Marvel does release more archive issues both in total and at one time. but it is hardly a weekly occurence currently (although it used to be).

And none of this is a defense of DCUI not doing archive issues.

8 Likes