What's New on DC Universe Infinite & ULTRA: MAY

Welcome to the community @Kider! Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything. :ttns_nightwinging:

3 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

Very excited for the 1973 Shazam series! Thanks for bringing it to DC Universe Infinite!

3 Likes

May I join in with all the other people happy to see the 70s Shazam! series.

It’d be cool if you guys could keep adding the Golden Age stuff, too. Those few issues we got a while back feel like such a tease…

5 Likes

Interesting re Tales of the Teen Titans 71 - it’s all new content, not a reprint like the issues before and after 71.

4 Likes

Doesn’t Tales 71 reprint NTT 12?

2 Likes

Oh you’re right… that’s disappointing

2 Likes

I’ve already read it but I’m excited to read the new Green Arrow book again! Dawn of DC has been great so far!

4 Likes

Same. I mean, I don’t want to sound like I am being ungrateful but honestly, archiving those issues seems pointless when they have the entire NTT so it is just a reprint of an issue already archived. I mean I would get someone collecting this, but as far as putting it on DCUI it is a waste of a space, also seems reduntant as far as selling it elsewhere like Comixology, since as stated, they have the issue of New Teen Titans it reprints.

On top of that they have a gap from 59 thought 70. If they were going to archive these at all why not start with issue 59 which at least some might see the value in binging at that point since it arguably would be more convenient.

Again, sorry to complain and was mostly waiting to make sure that is really what is archived. But honestly, this feel like a waste of space and a waste of the employees archiving the issues time, and honestly a waste of money since someone got paid to archive and upload something that has no real reason to be that I can see. I am guessing with the final season of Titans streaming they wanted to capitalize which makes sense in theory but again, archive the original Teen Titans series or something if that is the case.

Again, sorry to be negative, I really try not to be. I just can’t help but feel whoever made this decision didn’t realize it was a reprint but I kind of feel like they should have.

On a positive note I do like seeing that some of the Brave and the Bold gaps seem to be being filled, as a lot of the older titles have gaps in them so happy to see them being worked on. Especially going back to the silver age.

5 Likes

It’s a waste of resources and taking the slot of something new. Not only is the same story as NTT V2 #12, but they are creating new scans and spending time cleaning.

Tales #71

NTT #12

5 Likes

After all of the dropped hints, I am delighted to see the 1973 SHAZAM! comics being added to the lineup. I certainly hope this include the 100-Page Super Spectaculars … those were particular favorites from back in the day, and, in some cases, my introduction to a lot of Golden Age material (despite the fact that, when I first read them, I wasn’t old enough to grasp the whole Golden/Silver Age thing).

So while it would be presumptuous to assume that my squeaky-wheelness had anything to do with this, I will throw in another of my periodic requests for more Silver Age Flash, Brave and Bold, and World’s Finest. (The Flash was one of the first comics I recall reading, and especially great because, at the time, there was always a Green Lantern story included.) Not sure if the Composite Superman was introduced in WF or B&B (I first saw the story in another 100-Page Super Spectacular), but am curious to see that story again.

5 Likes

THey are archiving Silver Age Brave and the bold right now! :slightly_smiling_face:

I got to be honest, I hate to say it but it feels like someone making the decision didn’t realize they were reprints (although I am still baffled why they didn’t start with the next episode of Tales so there is a gap, maybe they didn’t have those issues in the archives), and while I get not everyone working there is going to know everything about every comic (plenty of people on this thread seemed to not catch that), if that is the case it feels like someone should have caught that.

4 Likes

The gap confuses me too. I wonder if the decision was made by someone who knew that Tales reprinted a year after the Baxter series started but thought that it only reprinted for a year. The gap is twelve issues.

3 Likes

That is a decent theory

1 Like

No, they just want to mess with your mind.

1 Like

it’s May 6th, when are we getting those releases?

2 Likes

The release dates are in the table. Most come mid-to-late May

1 Like

@Inmate_0801 is referring to the FCBD releases, I believe

2 Likes

Ohhhh idk then lol

1 Like

They are on site just not in the new comics list (which is a little disappointing). If you search for free comic book day, it will show a series page with all four issues.

4 Likes