What's New on DC Universe Infinite & ULTRA: MARCH

Bet @staticshocks is looking forward to reading Static: Shadow of Dakota #1, it comes out today! :nerd_face::books: :zap:

4 Likes

I DEFINITELY AM! I’ve been waiting for Shadows of Dakota for a LONG. TIME. I don’t think I’ve ever been as appreciative for ULTRA as I am on this day.

4 Likes

I know they’re not new by any means, but I’m always excited for the high quality digital versions of Captain Marvel that keep being added each week.

5 Likes

It’s great to see the backlist being released in these versions.

3 Likes

I have a question: Is there an algorithm determining when new trades are added to the Ultra side? Do ongoing series not have trades added until they complete? And do trades have a 30 day waiting period as well (also, I guess this is also inquiring about the original graphic novels like the Teen Titans: Robin book, since the previous three volumes are already on the service)

7 Likes

I believe that there is a definite concern on DC’s part with the racist content of the early Captain Marvel stories that would prevent them from uploading those issues. Here is a link to a story from a few years ago that detailed DC’s cancellation of the Captain Marvel Monster Society of Evil story volume from the 1940s. I also warn anyone reading this article that it shows panels depicting just how racist these older stories were. DC Cancels Classic Shazam Reprint ‘Due to Concerns Over Its Content’ (cbr.com)

3 Likes

I’ve been really enjoying Ultra. I only get to stop by my comic store every 3 months or so so it’s nice to get to stay up to date on stuff. Especially enjoying Nightwing, Catwoman and Tim Drake: Robin right now <3

6 Likes

Good Morning @Moderators, will we be seeing a comic release for the month of April soon? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes! That should be posted very soon here.

2 Likes

Thankyou.:smiley:

1 Like

Justice Society of America #3 is not showing on the system. All of the other Ultra comics are available if you search, but that one is not.

5 Likes

Hey @KnightOS, thank you for the report and I apologize for the delay. We’re going to take a look into this and see what we can do - we appreciate your patience. :orange_heart:

4 Likes

According to the April list it comes on the 11th of April.

3 Likes

I would also like to be in on this update so I am replying to this. Haha. I have friends waiting on the edge of their seats to read it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It went away on the Ultra listing, so I’m wondering if they meant to have it released in two weeks. A confirmation would be nice, though.

4 Likes

Agree. I understand if it was a mistake, but at the very least take two seconds to tell those that asked about it. I appreciate Mathew (a couple posts above) letting us know ahead of time about it being listed on the April list (Thanks Mathew!), so yeah, we can assume this is the case, but still…
:frowning:

3 Likes