What's New on DC Universe Infinite & ULTRA: APRIL

DC actually made it available on either tier to anyone that wants to read it. I don’t have Ultra and I was able to read the Creature Commandos Complete Collection graphic novel. I think the reason why they did that is to generate interest in the upcoming cartoon. The '80s Creature Commandos is okay.

I like Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E much better, though. I will say that I am curious about this Creature Commandos series that came out in the year 2000. I never heard about it until now. Hopefully, the monster lineup is going to be pretty cool and it leans more into horror, you know?

That was my main issue with the '80s comic - not enough horror in it .

4 Likes

Well, you might be a bit disappointed in it, as I felt it delved into the horror even less than the 80s version. Mind you, haven’t re-read it since it came out. However, it was definitely odd and took a very unusual approach.

5 Likes

Appreciate the heads up :slightly_smiling_face::+1:! Yeah, if it’s too strange than I won’t bother with it. And, you’re right, I probably will be disappointed if there’s no horror to it.

I’ll just browse the first issue and then decide whether or not I want to read more of it. Thanks again :slightly_smiling_face::+1:!

4 Likes

Has DC decided not to digitize deluxe editions? Neither the Batman Spawn Deluxe Edition or the Gerard Way Doom Patrol Deluxe Edition are being made available to Amazon/Kindle. If the question can’t be answered here, would you be able to submit my question to someone who will answer it? Sorry if my tone sounds a bit rude. It is not my intent. Thank you.

5 Likes

I posted concerning this problem (or replied to a post actually) in the “Report All Comic Errors” thread, but I am posting here just in-case this gets earlier attention :wink:
As of last night, around 7:00 PM EST, the DCU app will not load. We get the following…

(And please excuse my copy and paste, user MovieAddict… whom I replied to in the other thread… I am old as dirt and not sure how to post a pic from my tablet, so I borrowed yours. Please forgive me and all credit to you for posting the image!)
I can still get to downloads, luckily, but still nothing on adding more to my download list.
:slight_smile:
Help?

4 Likes

Same here as of 7:26 a.m. eastern time Tuesday5

4 Likes

I don’t get that message, but my home screen isn’t loading either. Every other part works fine.

2 Likes

I believe you’re saying you can read comics on DC Universe infinite right now? What device are you using?

I’m curious if these might be comics you’ve already downloaded?

3 Likes

On the web version I just get a white screen but there is the upper right hand corner navigation area and from there I was able to get to browse comics.

3 Likes

It was way earlier. At 9 Central time on Monday night I could not get on.

3 Likes

iOS

3 Likes

I am waiting for an update. I am very sorry that this is happening. When I hear back, I will let everyone know what to do.

5 Likes

It is fixed at least for me.

4 Likes

I am glad it is working for you. Hopefully it will be working for everyone else soon too. Thank you for letting me know!

5 Likes

Working for me now

4 Likes

No more Gen-13 issues? I literally passed up on some back issues this weekend since I thought they’d be on the app soon…

4 Likes

Odd app issue… I can open the app, I can read comics, I can download comics, but each time I try and “search” (say “Superman” for example) the app crashes.
After the third time it told me to clear my cache. I did, but still happened and now (and perhaps it said it at first as well and I missed it) but now it is telling me there is a bug and I should “Try updating the app after its developer provides a fix for this error”
Help?
EDIT - I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app (I forgot to mention that above)
And lastly, I am sorry, but should I be posting problems elsewhere? Like in the “Earth-2 Help Center” somewhere? I can see topics for tech updates and troubleshooting and the like, but I can’t find where to post problems that just occur. If you know what I mean? Thanks and sorry if I keep posting here if this is the wrong spot.
EDIT 2 - I just searched for “Batman” and comics actually showed up so I went and tried to search for Superman again and before I could even hit enter, the app crashed :frowning:
This app hates Superman?!?!?!
Hahahaha
I am thinking it was on its way to crashing while I was typing, but it was funny that it happened right when I hit the “N” in Superman.
:smiley:
Again, sorry of posting in wrong spot!
Have a great one guys!!

3 Likes

Didja do it? Didja didja? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To quote Lou Brown from Major League, “Oh, I don’t know.”

To paraphrase Dr. Julius Hibbert from The Simpsons, did you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:?

3 Likes

…I told you about it though!

3 Likes