What's New on DC Universe Infinite: September 2022

Future state gotham is giving batman a fantastic suit!!

2 Likes

Release issues sooner! Particularly Batman.

2 Likes

Or - Add an additional tier of payment in where we can get releases earlier. I’d be willing to pay more to get same day releases.

3 Likes

I don’t think same-day releases are ever gonna happen because there are things DC needs to do with each comic before they can digitalize it.

That being said, I’d pay more for a tier where I can get the comics on DCUI within 1 or 2 weeks of its irl release.

2 Likes

YES! I cant like this comment enough, I absolutely agree! Thank you Knight!
I cant make it out to the local shop all the time, this is supposed to have convenience. Thats the way its marketed.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s digitized already so that Comixology can release it same day as stores. That being said, that cuts out a huge bit of revenue. See also: HBOMax.

3 Likes

A new Milestone Compendium is going to be released in January 2023:

MILESTONE COMPENDIUM TWO
Written by DWAYNE McDUFFIE, ROBERT L. WASHINGTON III, LOUISE SIMONSON, and others
Art by CHRISCROSS, DENYS COWAN, JOHN PAUL LEON, M.D. BRIGHT, and others
Cover by DENYS COWAN
$59.99 US | 1,320 pages | 6 5/8" x 10 3/16" | Softcover
ISBN: 978-1-77951-495-0
ON SALE 1/31/23
Worlds collide when the characters of Milestone meet Superman, Superboy, and Steel from the DC Universe! Will their combined efforts be powerful enough to defeat a force that threatens to destroy both of their realities? Find out in Milestone Compendium Two , collecting Blood Syndicate #13-23, Hardware #13-21, Icon #11-21, Shadow Cabinet #1-4, Static #9-20, Superboy #6-7, Superman: The Man of Steel #35-36, Steel #6-7, and Worlds Collide #1.

I believe the first volume was released digitally; if this follows suit, we’ll have Worlds Collide finally digitized in a few months (and ideally added here, but who knows).

1 Like

Finally. World’s Collide is needed to finish that crossover.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for worlds Finest!!!

1 Like

Why wasn’t Detective Comics released today as listed!?!? Hope this gets fixed asap as it’s been great following a weekly story.

1 Like

Sometimes, some of the new issues don’t show up on the Latest Releases page for whatever reason, so you gotta check the series page or do a search for it.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the quick response! My day is saved, ha.

2 Likes

Enjoying Batman : The Knight, World’s Finest and I’ve been catching up on WildC.A.T.S

2 Likes

All I want is for Warlord to be digitized and updated. I have been requesting this for years and no one seems to care.

3 Likes

Have you posted that in the request thread?

1 Like

Welcome to the community, new friend!

I’m happy to note down that request. If you have any more, feel free to post them here → Comic Book Print to Digital Request Thread . Also, you can always let us moderators know if you have any questions :slight_smile:. Enjoy yourself in our community!

2 Likes

I’m not sure whether Heartshadow has done so, but I’ve seen Warlord requested repeatedly in the request thread by various people over the last few years. Doesn’t seem to make much of a difference.

1 Like

The thread is nice, but often it doesn’t feel like it makes much difference, tbh. I’ve been requesting (and have seen others as well) Connor Hawke’s Green Arrow run for about 3 years now and there’s nothing to show for it. Definitely frustrating after his return and having to tell new fans who wanted to read more that there is no easily available way to read him and seeing how disappointed they are.

I guess all we can do it keep requesting things, and hope it does eventually get taken into account.

*Edit: Went back and did a quick search in the thread, and found dozens of requests for Warlord in that thread, it’s definitely a title that many have asked for!

2 Likes

I wonder how many requests were from @TravisMorgan

4 Likes

I think I have requested it twice in the print request thread @SaintBrodie and @chaotickairos. Once for myself and once in support of another community member.

I worry about WBD bringing in the accountants and demanding that every facet of creating comics to be profitable. The best solution may be that WBD licenses the comics business to another company like IDW which produces versions of Star Wars and Marvel Comics. That company would pay a fee to produce the comics and take the costs away WBD.

Obviously, they haven’t seen IP like Shang Chi, Eternals, or She-Hulk that can be adapted from the “money losing” comics business to generate box office and streaming revenue.

4 Likes