What's New on DC Universe Infinite: February 2022

“This August, DC is launching a comic book series centered on Alfred Pennyworth tying into the current Epix TV show Pennyworth, chronicling his time as a jet-setting espionage agent - but also fast-forwarding to his years working at Wayne Manor.” Source

Looks like it! Sorry Alfred isn’t allowing you even a sneak peek haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thankyou! Pennyworth really look like a James Bond type of guy!:grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks again for you all you folks do. Looks like a great month! Love that you made the Valentine’s special available on Valentine’s Day!

4 Likes

I know the moderators of the forums can only do so much and that also goes up the chain. Choices of what gets added to the service may be as baffling to them as to us. However, I tend to think those way up the chain think of the service as an afterthought. I kind of felt that way since the service was started. What the fans say-- good or bad-- doesn’t matter. I do totally understand some of the reasons why.

Yes, I want every single comic archived. I don’t see any justification where New Guardians trumps, the missing issues from JLA relaunch after Crisis, key Superman issues from the Diamond Years-- that make reading certain arcs practically impossible.

I extremely dislike being Mr. Negative. I’ve always supported service, but sometimes I wish the service did a better job of supporting the fans.

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to the next issue in the Robins series.

I agree. It’s somewhat unbelievable they are pretty consistently only uploading three books a week. Marvel often adds fifteen to twenty back issues weekly.

2 Likes

3 archive issues a week is borderline insulting, tbh. I am not dissing on the great work the digitisation team is doing, I know that team is super small and probably overworked, but the fact that higher ups decide every day to keep it that way and not invest more is a huge slap in the face of everyone. I actually feel bad about beyond so negative all the time, though, so I am just gonna stop complaining about this for a while. I wish our complaints actually had any effect.

5 Likes

Batman #133 was uploaded. Idk if it was a mistake or not, but thank you for extra effort that probably took to put out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A curiosity was just put on ComiXology: Batman 133 from 1960. No other issues on the horizon over there. Any chance this might get added to DCUI?

5 Likes

Yup

Now this is what I like to see appear from archive!

4 Likes

:kitemanhqtas:

Nice to see an extra bonus archival issue this week! :kite_man_hell_yeah:

4 Likes

This is so good let’s review this incredible cover more in detail:

Iconic profile of Batman and Robin swinging to the rescue, check!

The intriguing supporting character of the time Batwoman appearing in that really different costume, check!

Insane Silver Age Bat characters portrayed hilariously and featured on the cover, check!

Amazing iconic Batman Silver Age logo with deep dark purple colors in background, check!

5 Likes

As I said once before (almost a year ago!), it’s peak Silver Age Batman.

4 Likes

Okay okay I better get to work but just a quick note that this wonderful Batman # 123 also features perhaps the greatest Silver Age Batman villain of all time in all his early 60s “flying kites craze” wonder that I myself participated in a lot back in that day, Kite Man!!!

7 Likes

I’ll agree with that, hope they can add The Riddler and Mr. (Freeze) Zero’s First appearance and Joker’s Million comic. I was so thrill to see the Batman comic. :grinning:

4 Likes

Covering this issue for my next podcast which should be out in a couple of days. A great comic added to the archives!

5 Likes

@KookieSuperApe notes this is the first Kite-Man appearance.

5 Likes

I don’t know if it was a mistake or not. But Static #31 which was listed as dropping today is not on DCUI as of this posting, while New Guardians #6 and Icon #31 both are.

2 Likes

Found it on the series page, it’s just not on the New to DCUI page:

2 Likes

Robins #5 was supposed to come out today, but is not showing up.

1 Like