What's New 9/14: Y: The Last Man!

Represent #14 was also supposed to be added today, but has not been as of this writing. So that would be five missing issues. There’s also still an on-going problem making Batman: The World inaccessible on the website unless you use a workaround.

That would be the archival issue of the original series. Hardware: Season One is a new digital-first series that was supposed to have had an issue added this week.

1 Like

Nope, Hardware is the 28th. Pretty sure it was delayed

1 Like

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt that King Shark and Represent might turn up later today (let’s see), but Puzzlebox #8 and Aquaman #56 are both definitely still missing days after they were supposed to be on DCUI.

2 Likes

It has made for rather light reading for me this week. Since the powers that be know, at least, about Joker and Aquaman, I think that this indicates that the issue is probably a bit more complicated than what we’ve seen before, as they’ve been amazingly good about fixing problems quickly in the past. I’m more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they sort this out soon.

1 Like

Me too, which is where my level of concern is coming from. Problems like this were always usually corrected within 48 hours in the past whenever they cropped up. The Aquaman #56 problem especially. It’s on the site, and there’s a link to it. There’s just something preventing the issue from properly going “live”. I’ve seen that exact thing happen a couple times with other issues in the past, but it was always fixed pretty much right away. Usually the same day even. But here we are on Friday.

(I know I’m not doing any favors for my reputation as DCUI’s least-patient member with these posts. Sorry. But what can I say? Guilty as charged.)

1 Like

King Shark, Aquaman, and it looks like Represent (it shows 14 issues) are all up now

1 Like

I can read King Shark and Represent!, but I still can’t read Aquaman

I swear it worked last night, but nope I guess not

Wow. I came here to say that I’m happy to have the last knight on earth available and I find we now have Y available? That’s awesome! Thanks for the great work, people.

2 Likes

Thank you for saying this. I never would have known this was on DCUI otherwise, since it wasn’t announced.

I was as surprised as you are, butthen my surprise got obfuscated by even more unannounced stuff in Y. Crazy stuff, I will never catch up to my backlog like this.

1 Like

OK, I think I finally figured out what happened with Joker Presents: A Puzzlebox #8. There are two versions of each issue, the regular version and a “Director’s Cut”. The director’s cuts are the ones that we’re getting here on DCUI. However, while the regular version of issue #8 was released last week, the director’s cut was not, not even on Comixology. That would explain why we didn’t get it here: nobody got it.

1 Like

That does paint a more complete picture of the situation, but it still doesn’t explain why it’s not out at all or when we might actually be getting it. I think this just makes the situation even more frustrating

1 Like

Puzzlebox #8 finally released today:

I believe that leaves Aquaman #56 as the only remaining problematic issue from last week.

2 Likes