What's New 8/24: DC Horror Presents: The Conjuring

Happy Tuesday!

This week we have a brand new arrival from DC Horror; The Conjuring: The Lover. Follow the journey of a struggling college student who’s haunted by just a little more than her regrets.

There’s also a ton of new Future State issues, the next issue for Icon & Rocket Season One and also DC Connect #16!

Let’s see what’s coming:

DIGITAL FIRST SERIES

NEW COMICS

ARCHIVE COMICS

And if all these new comics aren’t enough to help keep your attention, we have a slew of events coming up this week and so much more in our Community!

Let us know what you are checking out first in the comments below! :point_down:

8 Likes

excited to see the Conjuring hitting the service so soon!

5 Likes

Yeah, that was a pretty quick turnaround for THE CONJURING: THE LOVER.

And I’m not complaining one bit… :relaxed:

3 Likes

I have a feeling The Conjuring will make its way to House of Horror sooner than later. :house_of_horror:

1 Like

Well, that settles it - I have to watch all The Conjuring movies now. I saw that this series came out but didn’t grab it from my LCS and I’m not a horror movie fan so I haven’t seen any of the movies but with this on here now I have put all the movies on reserve at my local library and will watch them all before I start reading this as I know it takes place after ‘Annabelle Comes Home’ and before ‘The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It’.

When I subscribed to DC Universe years ago I thought “I’ll have access to all the Hawkman and Green Lantern comics I could ever want” and that’s true but I’ve been exposed to so many new characters, TV shows and movies that I never would have tried otherwise - like this - and having a comic tie-in to a series of movies is fun. I don’t want to be lost, though, and want to get the most out of the comics that I can so a movie marathon over the next few weeks is in order to get me ready to start ‘The Conjuring: The Lover’.

2 Likes

While I think the movies are great and I am really excited that you are wanting to watch those before reading The Conjuring: The Lover, you don’t really need to have a firm background in the franchise. There are some cool references to the movies 3 issues in it is more like an Easter egg. Considering that this comic is supposed to be a prequel to the 3rd Conjuring movie, I am interested in how it connects and will be watching the movie again.

Are you sticking with The Conjuring 1-3 and Annabelle 1-3 or are you also including The Nun and The Curse of La Lorna? And if you wanted to go deeper, you can also watch the first Amityville Horror movie as the Warrens were involved in the real Amityville Horror house. I should note that the Amityville Horror is not really connected to The Conjuring but if I remember correctly there is a reference to it.

1 Like

I’m watching all of them - The Nun and The Curse of La Llorona included. I’m a completionist and even if there aren’t references or storylines that carry over I hate the feeling that I’m missing something so I read/watch it all in order to make sure I don’t miss anything.

I’ll skip the Amityville Horror because I don’t like horror movies to begin with and this is enough for me but I do appreciate the information and heads up.

1 Like

This thrilled me since I just found out about (and watched later that night) The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It last weekend. I’m a horror movie guy, so naturally I went on another walk down The Conjuring lane afterwards. ('cuz hey, who doesn’t love to keep themselves up til 4am with the heeby-jeebies?)

I was intensely curious about those scenes (Haroooold …), so when I first dipped into the comic, I was pretty stoked to see which direction the story was taking and how well it works for the heavily-desired context. Looking forward to the other issues!

1 Like

The Joker Presents #7 isn’t showing up as available yet.