What's New 7/30: Constantine (2005), Aquaman (1967), House of Mystery, & More!

Light the candles and put out the fine china, because Tuesday is here and it’s gonna treat you right with a whole bevy of cool new things on DC Universe to read, watch, and discuss in our Community.

Be sure to visit our News section for the full breakdown of highlights across the entire service, including our favorite community discussions:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/whats-new-730-swamp-thing-finale-constantine-more/

But for a quick review of what’s new in comics, read on:

Action Comics (2016) – #1001
Aquaman (2016) – #38
Batgirl (2016) – #25
Batman Beyond (2016) – #22
DC Beach Blanket Bad Guys Summer Special (2018) – #1
Detective Comics (1937-2011) – #319
Detective Comics (2016) – #985
Doom Patrol (2004-2006) – #9
Doomsday Clock (2017) – #6
Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016) – #49
Hourman (1999-2001) – #17#18
House of Mystery (2008-2011) – #1-42
House of Secrets (1956-1978) – #105
Injustice 2 (2017-2018) – #68
Jonni Thunder – #4
Justice League Dark (2018) – #1
Living Assault Weapons – #3
Madame Xanadu (2008-2011) – #1-29
Mera: Queen of Atlantis (2018) – #6
Mother Panic: Gotham A.D. (2018) – #5
Phantom Zone – #4
Superman’s Girlfriend, Lois Lane (1958-1974) – #9
Teen Titans (2016) – #20
The Flash (2016) – #51
The Hellblazer (2016) – #24
The Silencer (2018) – #7
The Terrifics (2018) – #6#Wonder Woman (2016) – #51
Vertigo Visions – The Phantom Stranger (1993) – #1

We hear what you’re saying – “Woooow, Vertigo titles! Dost mine eyes deceive me?” We always want you to live in the realm of Dream, but for now, we are merely negotiating titles that directly reflect DC Universe’s original series :blush: Enjoy these special treats!

What are you most excited for this week, and heck, this month? Constantine, starring America’s sweetheart, Keanu Reeves? Madame Xanadu or House of Mystery? That sweet sweepstakes for our SDCC exclusive posters? Let us know in the comments below!

22 Likes

Thanks to @Vroom for the typo catch!

1 Like

That’s what I figured, the Vertigo titles are being added to support those characters in Swamp Thing. But hopefully in due time the rest of the library will eventually be added… one day!

2 Likes

@AJ You’re welcome.

I knew the Vertigo stuff was to support other content on the service, but it was a most welcome surprise when I saw it last night. I’ve not read either Madame Xanadu or House of Mystery. I might have to pencil a visit to Xanadu.

resumes jumping up and down over HD Filmation Aquaman Heaven truly is a place on Earth when HD Filmation DC shows roll out.

3 Likes

Finally some throwback House of Mysteries

1 Like

Hooray! I have wanted to get into House of Mystery & House of Secrets! Isn’t that something to with Cain & Able which of course loops into Sandman… Speaking of Sandman, anyone else reading the current run for House of Whispers? The whole new run is delicious! Plus, isn’t there a TV show in the works based on Preludes & Nocturnes… Oooh! It’s a Super Time for Super Stuff Super Fans Friends! Have a Super Day!

2 Likes

It’s always great to see the classics
House of Mystery
House of Secrets

Still waiting for more Sgt Rock and the classic war comics DC is known for

I am also happy to see Constantine has been added to the movie selection

1 Like

Hey DC…i think you guys need to refresh the app server or something. Constantine (2005) isn’t in the movie section. It is available in the “All Videos” though.

Awesome a lot cool stuff coming this month. Its almost…breathtaking.

2 Likes

Bummer. Swamp Thing died today.

Love the old a Detective comics you are including. Why haven,t we seen any of the same generation Superman, Action or World’s Finest?

Hi there@rwm2020! Thanks for the question! Many of the Golden Age comics, such as Action Comics, World’s Finest, and Superman, have not been digitized yet. While it is something that is being worked on, the process of digitizing is a slow one. Keep an eye out here in the Watchtower for newly digitized comics being added to the service.

3 Likes

Would really love a Swamp Thing season 2, the show was fantastic

2 Likes

Will the Vertigo titles be here for a limited time?

1 Like

Excited to see HU SH animated movie.

1 Like

The Aquaman 1967 series finally being available is what I’m excited to check out.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to check out the vertigo titles!

4 Likes

Really excited about the VERTIGO titles - been collecting them since the early 90s! Are they going to be added to DCU? There are so many great ones out there!

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find the aquaman series. Am I overlooking something?

1 Like

@Aquaflash35 The remastered Aquaman series debuts this Friday, the 16th. Likely in the early AM hours.

3 Likes