What's New 7/21: Wonder Woman: COME BACK TO ME #1, SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #1 & More!

It’s summertime, and the livin’ is easy. The Community is jumpin’ and new comics are nigh! Bruce Wayne is rich and his wards are good-lookin’. So hush little DC fan, don’t you cry… But before you spread your wings and take to the sky, check out what DC Universe has on tap for you this week!

Check out today’s News article to see what’s new this week on DC Universe!

As always, new comics for your enjoyment:

Aquaman (2016) #50 50
Batman (2016) #75 75
Collapser #1 1
Justice League (2018) #28 28
Nightwing (2016) #62 62
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #1 1
Teen Titans (2016) #32 32
Teen Titans Go! 69
Teen Titans Go! 70
Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me #1 1
Action Comics (1938-2011) 647
Action Comics (1938-2011) 648
Adventure Comics (1935-1983) 434
Adventure Comics (1935-1983) 438
Adventure Comics (1935-1983) 439
Batman (1940-2011) 186
Detective Comics (1937-2011) 387
Eclipso (1992-1994) 17
Eclipso (1992-1994) 18
Super Friends (1976-1981) 19
The Phantom Stranger (1969-1976) 6
The Spectre (1987-1989) 18
The Spectre (1987-1989) 19
The Witching Hour (1969-1978) 5

And if all these new comics aren’t enough to help inspire your creativity, we have a Doom Patrol Watch-Along on Thursday, our Stargirl Watch-Along next Monday, a slew of events coming up this week, and so much more in our Community!

Let us know where you are checking out first in the comments below!

14 Likes

Nice to see older gaps continue to be filled. Not as many new issues this time around, but Jimmy Olsen is genius, art and writing IMO.

BTW, where is everyone, this thread posted 3 days ago!

1 Like

They must be checking out all the new comics and Club activities, @Don-El!

I hear the Superman Fan Club is checking out EVIL King Superman! Whoever runs that Club picks some awesome stories!
:wink:

4 Likes

The guy that ran the previous Superman BC picked out some swell stories (and in mixed media long before any other club did that, no less) too. :wink:

I was surprised to see Action Comics #648 on DCU before it was available for purchase. It seems DCU is getting new to digital back issues ahead of Comixology and the like.

1 Like

I like wonder woman she’s it’s good call me

Jimmy Olsen was once one of my favorite characters in the early 80s to 90s. I thought Superman’s life would be sort of down to earth interesting with people like him making comics fun. I miss those days. Now he hardly ever takes the cape off. I wonder if he will stay dead now or on another Earth assuming a new identity? Will there be others like Jimmy Olsen in the future? It’s people like Jimmy that’s missing in the DCEU.

1 Like

Welcome back to the community @jus2writeresponse.57902! :partying_face: I hope to see more comics about Superman’s everyday life soon. Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything.

1 Like

Okay, Shayera.Hol

1 Like

I really enjoyed the Matt Fraction run and need to re-read it. Someone gave me a copy of the HC but it’s still sitting in it’s wrapper. I keep debating if I want to ship it off to Leiber and get his signature or not, or some such.

But yes, I’m looking forward to seeing what they might do with the Daily Planet characters. Even if they aren’t going to use them in the main stories in Action going forward, if they are going to continue the idea of doing backups, I hope they will include a DP slice of life, focused primarily on Lois, but with some of the Planet cast, including Jimmy as secondary characters.

Or another six issues of a Jimmy mini-series would be nice.

I have been reading for over a year now. I still think a Next Superman is coming. Maybe a man from Earth ina alternaitve world where he is sent to new Krypton. And he really needs Superman’s help.

2 Likes

Welcome back to the community, friend! That sounds very interesting :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Thanks. I will read here more often.

2 Likes

Welcome back to the community @jus2writeresponse.57902! :wave: Glad to hear it - you’ll have to share with us your thoughts on your most recent reads when you have a chance. We’ve got plenty of discussion threads around if that piques your fancy. :slight_smile:

1 Like