• Monkey Prince #9

There’s plenty to sink your teeth (or eyes) into! Let’s see what’s new:

DCUI ULTRA RELEASES

DCUI EARLY ACCESS

TITLE ISSUE DATE
Green Lantern 1 6/6/2023

DCUI NEW COMICS

ARCHIVE COMICS

And if all these new comics aren’t enough to help keep your attention, we have a slew of events coming up this week and so much more in our Community!

Let us know what you are checking out first in the comments below! :point_down:

7 Likes

As always, I’ll read them all but my first two this week will be Warlord and Gotham Academy.

3 Likes

There’s so much new books to read that I think people of DC are challenging us!:grin: Same with the Moderators, There’s…
DC Challenge
Warlord
The Brave and the Bold
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries
Danger Street
Gotham Academy
Batman The Adventures Continues Season 3

Yes @Moderators and DC team, I accept your challenge, love this week release!:nerd_face::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books:

3 Likes

I’m glad to hear that you’re excited about the new books to read! I plan to read Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo.

2 Likes

I thought we were suppose to get all of blue beetle, dc challenge, and warlord today, not just the first issues?

3 Likes

Hey there Patrick! Could you show me where you found this information? I don’t believe we’ve said anything about dropping an entire series in its debut to the platform, much less three. New issues typically come out on a weekly basis.

4 Likes

The Flash 214 is MIA today after being previously announced in the June thread. Can you please look into this? It seems like DC Challenge or Blue Beetle inexplicably took its spot, weird given that the Flash movie is out soon.

2 Likes

While the current product new to Ultra is of course of great interest (especially Green Lantern #1), I’m looking forward to the new to digital catalog releases the most, with an emphasis on:

• The Brave and The Bold #68
  • DC Challenge #1
  • The Warlord #1 (@TravisMorgan, its here! :partying_face:)

Query (paging @staticshocks): Weren’t Shazam (1973) #s 4 and 5 here, earlier today (Tuesday)?

I could have swore I saw them this AM, when I was looking over what was new to Ultra.

3 Likes

I’m so happy! The Warlord #1 is here!

4 Likes

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Green Lantern, so I’m excited to check it out.

2 Likes

So happy to see two comics that I’ve wanted to read for a long time: Warlord #1 and Blue Beetle #1 (1967)! I’m so glad that I can finally say that I’ve read the first appearance of Vic Sage, The Question!

4 Likes

I’m very excited for the digital archive releases that are starting this week. I’m definitely going to read Warlock #1 and DC Challenge #1 as soon as I’m done typing out this message :slightly_smiling_face:. I’m very excited to read Warlock. It was a comic that I always saw advertisements for in other DC comics back in the '80s but it was never available at any of the stores where my family bought comics for me at.

I learned something new today about Warlock too. I didn’t know that it started way back in 1975. That’s wild! I thought it originated in the early-'80s.

So that must be why it took a long time to get this on DCUI because it came out around the time of the DC Implosion and the comics from that era haven’t been digitized yet. Well, thank you guys for digitizing them now. I’m sure it’s been a lot of hard work trying to restore these older comics that have never been collected from the Bronze Age before. I’m not a Blue Beetle fan but, since I know that a lot of hard work has gone into digitizing these comics, I will check it out now just for fun.

Also, on the modern day releases, the new Green Lantern (2023)#1 looks awesome and I am very excited to read that! I love the special releases that you guys keep putting up on DCUI every week. Thank you so much to Mr.Jim Lee for that! I have loved every title in the Dawn of DC era so far that I’ve been able to read on the regular DCUI tier.

So thanks again for that. Oh, and I just wanted to say another quick thank you to you guys for finally putting up the rest of Mike Grell’s Green Arrow run on the regular DCUI tier as well. I enjoy seeing a new Green Arrow issue every week I come on here :slightly_smiling_face: :0_green_arrow:. It gives me something to look forward to every week.

Now I’ve got Warlock and DC Challenge to add to that :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

I would have infered it from this is the breakout post:

• The top three selections with the most votes will get added exclusively to DCUI on June 6, 2023 (for all members). This two-month wait period gives the DC teams enough time to prep everything we need for digitization!

Nothing said 12 issues weekly there. I do see if you drill down at some point it was said 12 weekly books, but if you only read the initial post, it sounds like the whole serises was coming today.

3 Likes

Huge Steve Ditko Blue Beetle fan! Then I will have all of Teds and Jamies run!

I do have to ask: My app showed TSU: Dream Country 1-6. And then #12

Why is it missing, or do I need to reload my app?

2 Likes

Looking forward to all these and excited about the edition of new Back issues. However can someone please address the missing Superman issues?
These are the missing issues that i see in the Post Crisis era.
Superman Forever
Superman Man of Steel 121-129
Superman 157,178-185, 188-203
Adventures of Superman 445-450, 580, 581, 599-607,
610-638, 640, 641, 643-649
Action Comics 653-658, 660, 663-668, 729
It Spyker be great to fill in those gaps

5 Likes