What's New, 5/28: "Batmen Eternal," SUPER SONS, & More!

It’s not easy returning to work after a long holiday weekend, especially when it’s the kick-off to summer 2019. But now that this sunny season is underway, DC Universe has a beach cooler full of new comics, new shows, and new Community events to help you make it to NEXT weekend. Check it all out below!

Writer James Tynion IV finishes up a nearly 50 issue run on Detective Comics as his “Batmen Eternal” storyline comes to end. And if you’re still in the mood for endings, Super Sons finishes its run as Robin and Superboy battle the villainous Kid Amazo to save the Justice League. Plus, piping hot new issues of Injustice 2, Suicide Squad, and more. Check out the full list below!

America vs The Justice Society (1985) #4

Batgirl (2016) #23

Batman Beyond (2016) #20

Deadman (1985) #7

Detective Comics (1937-2011) #370-371

Detective Comics (2016) #981

Doctor Mid-Nite #3

Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016) #45

Hourman (1999-2001) #5-6

Injustice 2 (2017-2018) #59

JLA: Destiny #1-2

Justice League: No Justice (2018) #3

Mera: Queen of Atlantis (2018) #4

Mother Panic: Gotham A.D. (2018) #3

Suicide Squad (2016) #42

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (2018) #10

Super Sons (2017) #16

The Flash (2016) #47

The Hellblazer (2016) #22

The Silencer (2018) #5

The Terrifics (2018) #4

There’s a lot more new stuff we’re talking about this week, including our Super Summercation campaign, how we’re celebrating Swamp Thing’s launch (!), and highlights from this very community.

Check out the full spread by finding the latest article in our News section, or following this link below:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/whats-new-528-batmen-eternal-super-sons-more/

Where are you going to start first? Comics? Swamp Thing? Let us know in the comments below!

5 Likes

Any word on what’s coming June 1st?

3 Likes

Hourman is what I’m making time for.

2 Likes

No TV or Movies will be coming to the service on June 1st. But we’ll get Swamp Thing every week!

1 Like

Sad to hear nothing new will be coming in June:( But Swamp Thing will no doubt be awesome.

1 Like

Sorry Dan :frowning: But we’ll have lots of very cool stuff to look forward to in July :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow taking away three movies and adding 0. Don’t like this new math.

1 Like

Any chance in getting the “Bruce Wayne: The Road Home” one-shots soon?

@Mild111, just checked the database and I don’t see it in there. I fear it falls under the category of “collected editions” or “graphic novels” that we do not have on the service. But I’ll pass the request along!

1 Like

@dbyerly2018 there’s still time to watch them before they go! I watched Superman vs the Elite the other day and I JUST MIGHT watch another.

2 Likes

Right now still reading Peter David’s run on Supergirl . I am 69 right now. I would to love read more Stargirl but I might have to read some old JSA issues since I don’t see them on there . It will be a Swamp Thing and DC Daily for me for awhile

1 Like

Gonna go ahead and recommend Super Sons to everyone. Especially now that its over, you can enjoy the whole run.

And dont worry the Super Sons ended up returning with Adventures of the Super Sons. But itll be some time before we see that.

4 Likes

Why are you getting rid of animated movies??? Their is no reason for it and makes me want to cancel my subscription.

3 Likes

Is the service worth it… especially if they planned to remove the animated movies…those are better than the live action ones…

3 Likes

The New Deadman issues look great! Swamp thing looks like a great show as well.

1 Like

Will be reading Doctor Mid-Nite very soon. Thanks for adding this series. Loving the comics catalog! Been reading like a madman