What's New 2/22: CLOWNHUNTER

Happy Tuesday!

Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1 arrives on the service today! For fans of The Joker War and watching clowns get hit with a bat (no pun intended)!

Of course, we’re still carrying on with a bunch of your favorite series this week as always.

Let’s see what’s coming:

DCUI EARLY ACCESS

TITLE ISSUE DATE
Hardware: Season One 4 2/22/22
DC Horror Presents: Soul Plumber 5 2/22/22

NEW COMICS

ARCHIVE COMICS

And if all these new comics aren’t enough to help keep your attention, we have a slew of events coming up this week and so much more in our Community!

Let us know what you are checking out first in the comments below! :point_down:

14 Likes

I notice that Icon payed a special tribute to a classic comic book cover.:smiley:

9 Likes

Still absolutely wild to me that we’re getting The New Guardians digitized but we still don’t have Millennium, the major event it spun out from. Maybe that’s next?

7 Likes

Based on what I’ve seen of the digitization team’s decision-making process, I would assume that the next series we’re getting digitized is Takion. Or maybe Argus.

4 Likes

Catching up on my reading and just getting started on this week today. I started with ‘Superman & The Authority #2’ which is a fun read and a beautiful book. Grant Morrison always brings something different to the books and the characters and an older Superman gathering an unlikely team of metas together definitely fits that bill. The use of Manchester Black as the recruiting arm is an interesting choice.

I like learning more about characters that aren’t always in the spotlight like Midnighter and Apollo, Enchantress (what a weird character she is) and of course Manchester Black.

Second for me was ‘Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow #3’ which continues to be excellent. It’s a slow build but Tom King writing this through the perspective of Supergirl’s companion (I forget her name) keeps it moving and the worlds and characters she’s encountered so far have been very unique and fun. Maypole is a town with issues and boy howdy - that was a heck of an issue.

Third for me was ‘Shazam! #2’. Normally I’d start with Shazam! because I love the character but I waited a bit to get to this one and it was worth the wait. This version of hell, as it were, was very unique and boy did Dane bring the surprises! Loved the splashes of comedy, teen angst/romance and childlike wonder that make Shazam! one of my favorites. This character needs that in his stories and this book has it all. Great stuff.

Fourth was ‘Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1’. I was not familiar with this character at all before I started this book but I hope he’s a character we see more of. The back story is familiar and the way he’s going about his business is familiar as well but I liked the twist at the end and the offer he received and the ending left me hoping that’s not the last we see of him.

After that was ‘Hardware: Season One #4’ and I’m glad we’re finally getting to some action. This has been a very slow build but now the action has arrived and I’m looking forward to issue #5.

Then it was time for the weird with ‘Soul Plumber #5’ and it did not disappoint. That book is a trip and you don’t know what you’re going to get from one panel to the next. I think back to where this story started, just five issues ago, and what a journey it has been! The cast of characters is so unique and the storyline is borderline insane but somehow - it works. It works well. Looking forward to issue #6 to see how it all wraps up.

I finished up with a palette cleanser in ‘Scooby-Doo: Where Are You? #111’ and…it was not good. I get that Scooby-Doo is for fun and is supposed to be tongue in cheek but this was a step too far into goofy/absurd for me. Didn’t care for that one - hope #112 is better.

Still have five issues to go to complete the week and hope to get to those tomorrow. With Catwoman, Nightwing, The Flash, Superman Red & Blue and Batman/Catwoman left on the table it’s a nice variety of stories and characters. Fun weeks of books, that’s for sure!

2 Likes