What's New 12/29: New Digital First Series, The End of 2020, & More!

It’s the moment we’ve been waiting for - the final days of 2020! We’ve almost made it. We’re so close to the end we can see the new beginnings on the horizon! While we hunker down and wait out these last days, we’ve got plenty of new things for you to read and talk about in our Community. Read on to find out what’s new this week!

DIGITAL FIRST SERIES:

And if all these new comics aren’t enough to help keep your attention, we have a slew of events coming up this week and so much more in our Community!

Let us know where you are checking out first in the comments below!

14 Likes

Nice.
So close to I infinite :+1:

3 Likes

Yes looking forward to next week because this ain’t much to read this week…but so it goes in the wild and woolly world of comic book publications…

3 Likes

Why isn’t there much this week? Did something happen a year ago?

2 Likes

The time between Christmas and New Years is always slow for new releases.

2 Likes

Slow yes, but no comics at all from last year? I believe all those comics listed above are from this years daily comics but none of last year. Seems odd.

1 Like

I’m assuming it’s related either to that famous 5th publishing week of the month that sometimes pops up where very little comes out or to the initial impact of the pandemic.

2 Likes

Or the long anticipated launch of DCUI. Any and/or all could be the reason.

3 Likes

I looked at the solicits for December 2019, and confirmed that nothing was scheduled to ship after the 18th.

Looks like everything was scheduled to ship out on the first three weeks of the month, as Diamond’s usual shipping date fell on Christmas last year.

3 Likes

This would be my guess. They’re saving up for the big drop when DCUI officially arrives.

1 Like

They moved the community so it isn’t in the app anymore. It is browser only now.

2 Likes

According to the title these are digital exclusive titles. I don’t believe they are referring to the overall release schedule.

1 Like

I suggest check the comics section under newly released, that will show the newest Comics that arrived this week in total.

But the first Tuesday of January is arriving quickly, as well as the first Wednesday of the month for the usual Superman Fan Club Watch along in the evening.

1 Like

Where is this? Are you referring to the app? When you say the “comics section,” do you mean the home page or the comics tab that shows all comics? I don’t see a “newly released” section in the comics.

In DC Universe Infinite, it’s called “latest releases” now.

I’m thinking about this. It seems like their should be comics added there daily, but they don’t appear to be.

Agreed they should totally change how that reads